GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sky channel 416 @ midnight, BTCC Touring Cars, You can see one of the cars which we sponsor - The Civic Type R at Brands Hatch from a few weeks ago, look out for the Silver and Red car driven by James Kaye. Its first outing with lots of problems but got race fastest lap.

Up at Oulton Park this Sunday for the next leg of the championship, anyone follow BTCC?

:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Dirk Diggler said:
Sky channel 416 @ midnight, BTCC Touring Cars, You can see one of the cars which we sponsor - The Civic Type R at Brands Hatch from a few weeks ago, look out for the Silver and Red car driven by James Kaye. Its first outing with lots of problems but got race fastest lap.

Up at Oulton Park this Sunday for the next leg of the championship, anyone follow BTCC?

Sounds good dirk, i'll keep my eyes peeled...

I must admit though, i haven't followed the BTCC as closely since the days of Andy Rouse and Co. I also used to enjoy watching it when Nissan, Renault, Ford, etc. used to battle it out (i.e. there was a really big field of mixed manufacturers).

I think it's lost it's appeal by losing so much variety - last year it appeared to only have a couple of manufacturers involved.

I believe it's improving on that front again, so hopefully i'll be able to get more into it.

At least they try and overtake each other - unlike F1, which has become Forumla Schumacher - with overtaking performed in the pitlane (yawn).

These days my biggest motorsport kicks come from GT, Rallying and MotoGP and rallycross (when i get to see any !).

Let us know how the Civic gets on at the weekend Dirk.

Cheers.
Daz

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTCC

'We' is me, my brother and sisters company.

Daz, yeh it did get like that last year, only involved this year for us though, great fun to get involved in, if you watch closely later you may be able to make out my sideburns whilst I was talking to sporty spice in the pits.:p

·
Registered
961 Posts
dirk have you been to brighton at'all?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You should convince your brother to buy a Skyline. Then you could gang up on Paul. Bayside Blue obviously... lol

:)

Sorry about the pic, it's gone. It was funny though :D

Rob

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bro

No, he doesnt want a Skyline, prefers the Evo's, can have one or many but sadly doesnt like them.

I pity the fool hannibal, I pity the fool.

Move this to the Dirk Thread, got to get the posts up!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice to hear you're moving in the right circles, Dirky!

Your brother's not called Ralph is he?

I'm off to Belgium for a week...good beer there! You'll miss me , I know.

:D

·
Registered
637 Posts
Brussels. Setting up a large stand for our group at the European Seafood Expo. Quite a few heavy nights out coming up!!

:p

·
Registered
961 Posts
have you been in a model store there called model zone?

coz i meet a guy that financed one of the toca cars
not sure witch one !

·
Registered
637 Posts
No, don't know that one. Most of my time is spent between the Grand Place, Rhum Bar, Hotel Metropole, and a few sleezy strip joints. You know what Polish guys are like!
(and Icelandic, German, French, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Lithuanian midgets, Iranian Caviar moguls, Chilean, Greek-Cypriots........)

You get the picture. One suitcase full of "resolve" and a spare pair of underpants

:rolleyes:

Dirk..Fishy! You should be there! Smells like p+ssy all day long

:p :p

·
Registered
997 Posts
Oulton Park.

Dirky Boy,
Say hello to Nigel Kelsey from me if you bump into him,he owns TAZ Racing in the Legends Series,I had a free ticket but have to work over the weekend :(

Have a good one,

Henry.:smokin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts