GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've noticed as it's got warmer weather wise(21 degrees) that my MY11s oil temperature seems to be a tad high,after a local 30-45mins drive at 30-40mph it reaches around 98-102 and water temperature is around 98 is that normal or is that a tad high.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'd say that's fairly normal in this weather however today after a mix of spirited driving and cruising never went over 83 on any temp.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Whilst mine isn't hitting 100deg it wouldn't bother me as actually at that temp it's well within operating range and that the temps where any water / moisture will start burnning / steaming off so not a bad thing

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
All mine was start and stop local driving no long runs at all
higher speed you get more airflow, what you are doing is typical temps for traffic I think

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for all the replies, just spoke to Iain Litchfield and he's also said the same that 100-110 is fine for this time of the year.... Cheers again guys

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm in the 100's or touching just below on all 3 main temps. I also started a thread but seems nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got a bit concerned because I also noticed at the same time that my cars exhaust tone didn't sound as crisp and sounded a bit dull when the temperature was high but iains told me that this is normal when the air temp is higher the exhaust does change.... Which makes sense because early mornings when cooler my car sounds much more crisp on acceleration

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just been for a Sunday morning hoon.
Trans oil temp was 105
Engine oil was 98
Coolant temp was 97
But I think these cars need a 7 gear. Lol

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts