GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just realist the water temp 100+ easy when i fall in a traffic jam for about 10min , if i drive it falls in seconds back to high 80 ,whats going on i have a after market nismo radiator , is this normal ,temp is 30+ celcius at the moment , how can i low down temp ,use redline cooling fluid ? ,extra fan ?or sould i not worry cause car is stopt and not doing high temps while driving ?
what are you gtrs doing in the heat

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine goes up to 82-84c and stays there even in heavy traffic. 28c air temp. Just put Redline water wetter in and that helps when running at high boost levels, but only made a 4c difference to slow speed running.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

do you a low temp termosted in

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

then something must be wrong with my car?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I recently fitted an induction kit to my gtr and have noticed this has made my car run a little hotter (up from 84 ish to around 90). I hit a big traffic jam and the temp went upto the higher 90's.

This could just coincide with the super hot weather we have been having through.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Nismo stat makes a big difference. Mine used to sit around the 100 mark in traffic. But now with the stat even after spiritied drving never really goes above 80!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
r33 v-spec said:
Nismo stat makes a big difference. Mine used to sit around the 100 mark in traffic. But now with the stat even after spiritied drving never really goes above 80!!!
Yeah I run the same Stat, and it is great in hot weather, never have a problem even driving hast with high boost

Nigel

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
A good investment IMO. Pretty cheap too for a Nismo product, and the gains it gives!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts