GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great 1st day, GTROC looking good!

Not a lot of traction and very hot, but I think we are doing well. You can track the live results on the TOTB website.

I finally managed to break 9s!

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
How many Skylines have entered? Looking at the results not a single one on the handling circuit.
The handling circuit was once again suited to go carts. Discussions to be held with the TOTB management this morning.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
The handling circuit was once again suited to go carts. Discussions to be held with the TOTB management this morning.

And there is a surprise ;-).

Good luck to all the team and Captain Ludders - hope the weather (and gearboxes/engines) hold and look forward to updates.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Great 1st day, GTROC looking good!

Not a lot of traction and very hot, but I think we are doing well. You can track the live results on the TOTB website.

I finally managed to break 9s!
Brilliant! From first timing tables looks like a lot of points in 1/4 and kilometre......assume nothing in handling though?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The handling circuit was once again suited to go carts.
will you complain about top speed runs because you will be too fast? you might have 1 complaint in the 1/4:) ta has long straights and a few bends so much fairer, try it:) you will win totb anyway, it supposed to be an "all round event"

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
will you complain about top speed runs because you will be too fast? you might have 1 complaint in the 1/4:) ta has long straights and a few bends so much fairer, try it:) you will win totb anyway, it supposed to be an "all round event"
You are right it is supposed to be an all round event and therefore the track designer should consider the size of the cars competing. It is a pretty pointless track if a car is unable to safely negotiate a corner. You will have noticed that this was point was taken in to consideration on Sunday morning with the new layout.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great event and good to catch up with a few of you, JM-Imports boys were comedy.

Jurgen, hope you got the fueling sorted as I was unable to get there on the sunday.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Why no do a split venue croft is not far away from Elvington or change venue to a proper circuit so you can use the straight to do 1/4 mile runs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are right it is supposed to be an all round event and therefore the track designer should consider the size of the cars competing. It is a pretty pointless track if a car is unable to safely negotiate a corner. You will have noticed that this was point was taken in to consideration on Sunday morning with the new layout..
my apologies:) I thought you were going to "wipe the floor" in the 1/4 and top speed:confused: where were these "super quick gtr's?? also strange that an "out and out drag car (with an mot) can even compete?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Well not a good weekend we had an issue with our fuel system dropping pressure on Saturday after complete redesign it on the day (still no joy) .

Thanks to all those who helped and give input appreciate that -

MGT, team Ludders, dan from Litchfield , guy from the Isle of Man , Ryan of course and pat from syvecs .

Well at around 315pm with 15 mins left
Of qualifiers we discovered one of the big pumps had an intermittent issue with the pump.

So we quickly hooked a small walbro 255 in place of the failed pump.

And did 2 runs just before the end of qualifiers first one was 9.4 with 60 ft [email protected] 150 on 1.7 bar.

We managed to race back to the line and up the boost to 2.1 bar and did a terrible 1.860 ft and did 9.4 and @159 - if you do the maths that was a 9.02 run if my 60ft was 1.6.

So we races back again and upped the boost to 2.4 and the gates closed ;( could
Not get that extra run ;( time and bad luck caught up With me - but we did not give up till the end .

The JUN R1 would of done 8s and would Of topped over 200mph - (it's just bad luck )which is racing.

There is no ifs as I t would of done those times.

But thanks to all my team and all the lads over weekend and bring on next year ;).

Thanks to Ryan spending all day with me Sorting the system out - cheers mate.

See yous next year.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
You are right it is supposed to be an all round event and therefore the track designer should consider the size of the cars competing. It is a pretty pointless track if a car is unable to safely negotiate a corner. You will have noticed that this was point was taken in to consideration on Sunday morning with the new layout.

It does put a damper on otherwise fab event. When you look at number of cars sharing top ten in 1/4 and kilo it should be the same in handling.....but it isn't. That is the answer in itself.

Well done to all and Jurgen pulling out a great time considering the issues!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
How did Matt J do?
I would ask in his project thread but looks like isn't there anymore
Matt did great and after many runs setting up the car got into the 9s :) I believe he ended up with a best time of 9.85? What happened to his build thread then :confused:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts