GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Shell station is closing down :( but a recently opened tesco superstore is now stocking the tesco 99 ron petrol.

question is though is this any good for a) a standard R33 GTSt and b) a circa 500bhp R33 GTSt that will probably be mapped on Optimax/V power?

The standard 33 has a relativly easy life (until I drive it) the Tuned 33 will be driven harder more freqeuntly.

Simon

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Yup, me too, its good stuff . Plus the occasional tank of v-power a) IF i'm nearly out of petrol and b) IF i'm going past a shell station. TBH, I've not noticed any difference between them. Mind you, I'm not looking inside my engine every 5 minutes to see the mechanical differences.
As long as it keeps the det away and is cheap, it'll go in my tank :flame: :flame: :flame:

:chuckle:

TT

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sorry mate should of been more clear, The knock level meter.
Just wanted to know peak knock on that fuel.

cheers
I had my 33 mapped on Tesco 99 and never really saw anything above 30 after a hard booting..With V-power i have seen it spike up to 47 so dont really use it anymore.

Gez

ps merry christmas

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've only ever used Tesco99 in my Skyline, good RON and cheaper than Optimax, I ran my old rallycars on it when I used to compete and never had any probs,when you consider the engine was at 6-8000 rpm for 20 mins at a time it can't be that bad for the money can it?

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts