GTR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
To replace the top trim Tesla's battery costs $30,000 USD, not including labor. You can't do this replacement yourself unless you want to become cancer boy. Plus labor, would be roughly $2,000-$4,000 USD because of how complicated it is to take it apart, dispose of it, and the risks the mechanics are making. But of course, the lemmings won't understand this with their wet dream fantasy of a perfect environment. I've seen so many hybrids in the junk yard, mainly due to the battery degradation. I've seen a couple all electric there too. There was more battery/hybrid cars than petrol/diesel of the same age.

Any of you heard about the angry Swedish environmentalist girl? High school drop out trying to tell us how to live our life. Looks like she has alcohol fetal syndrome and aspergers from what can be seen. Wouldn't be surprised her parents drive EVs. Yet, they had to ship their boat and crewmen back on a plane. 4 transatlantic flights total.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
To replace the top trim Tesla's battery costs $30,000 USD, not including labor. You can't do this replacement yourself unless you want to become cancer boy. Plus labor, would be roughly $2,000-$4,000 USD because of how complicated it is to take it apart, dispose of it, and the risks the mechanics are making. But of course, the lemmings won't understand this with their wet dream fantasy of a perfect environment. I've seen so many hybrids in the junk yard, mainly due to the battery degradation. I've seen a couple all electric there too. There was more battery/hybrid cars than petrol/diesel of the same age.
It gets worse (update)...

and another interesting Leaf Review :-

Any of you heard about the angry Swedish environmentalist girl? High school drop out trying to tell us how to live our life. Looks like she has alcohol fetal syndrome and aspergers from what can be seen. Wouldn't be surprised her parents drive EVs. Yet, they had to ship their boat and crewmen back on a plane. 4 transatlantic flights total.

Yeah, We've seen way too much about Her already....:rolleyes:

Wish these "Climate Kids" would just stop their screaming and actually try to come up with a solution if they were really that concerned about the environment.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
If I took a road trip, I would not trust a battery to get me to the destination at all. The ev owners and proponents from the government never mention the cons of the car (there are a lot more cons to evs than internal combustion engines). Yes, the instant power is impressive. However, now seeing how a lot of owners of older vehicles with a petrol motor are making their car accelerate at a much faster rate that can beat flagship Teslas as seen with the video I posted of a $22,000 - $25,000 USD Mustang (the price includes the modifications done to it) smoking a gutted best of the best Tesla trim, I don't think electric is the future at all honestly. The videos are never acknowledged because of the cult's tendency to never admit defeat. Even a buddy of mine who moved back to his home state of Colorado bought an Evo 8 for $12,000 USD, modified it with parts costing around $11,000 - $13,000 USD and now has 770 hp and 793 ft/lb of torque at the wheels to beat any Tesla that lines up to him. That's $23,000 - $25,000 USD total beating a car that is 6 times the price of his car and the modifications done to it! Is $25,000 the lucky number or something?

Finally someone rolled coal on those Teslas. The Tesla owner cut off the truck and his white knight members from the forums come to his rescue. The comment section is hilarious because it's full of the forum members saying how they would "beat up" the truck driver. In reality, it seems the Tesla owners are really timid in real life, but very strong on the internet commentary section. Another example of how toxic their community is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I'm surprised the Tesla and EV owners don't mention the fact their cars catch on fire spontaneously. A house not far from me was on fire because the owner's top trim and quickest Tesla caught on fire, and fire fighters couldn't put it out.

Also, when you get in a crash these things are way more dangerous than petrol powered vehicles because the electric vehicles are all electronic and digital with little to no mechanical or analog features. My friends from the other state I lived in told me sent me this:

The guy tried getting out of the car, but couldn't since he was locked in and burned to death. Some Dutchman also got electrocuted by his Tesla in a crash:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-netherlands-idUSKCN11D28Z

I'm sticking with petrol cars until I die. After being physically shocked by my neighbor's Leaf, I am staying away from electric cars for good. They just have good acceleration and that is it. Top speed sucks, range/speed sucks when cold, quality of the ev cars suck, weight is immense and only getting heavier, and they deteriorate like crazy. There's so many 100,000 mile Teslas for sale in California since their range has become so short and the car is just run down as opposed to traditional internal combustion that can last a lifetime.

It's just a trend like the diesel trend back in the day. Once they'll figure out that they can't recycle the batteries the trend will cease most likely, unless they will go against their "zero emission" moral they tried glamorizing. Global warming ain't real, it's just normal for the Earth to change its weather.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
The mainstream media is totally silent on the Death's (especially the many that should have been survivable impact Deaths occurring after collision accidents where the trapped Occupant(s) was/were burned alive) caused by EV's....:sick:

Three days spent totally submerged in a massive steel water Tank for the fireball EV infernos to be classed as "Put-Out" by the Fire Brigade....Yeah, Think I'll stick with my old Petrol vehicle thanks!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Company car tax is driving this direction. Next year I have a choice of staying with my BMW 330e or similar hybrid and paying 4Kplus tax or buy an EV and pay no company car tax and spend the 4K on bits for my Nissan. I should also make a fuel saving ontop as there is no electricity motor tax and it's free to charge where I work.

The performance of these cars is also far above conventional engines or hybrids with a telsa model 3 doing 0-60 in 3.6s?

Anyway I have just ordered a 400 bhp Jaguar I-Pace, this will do daily commute with a 250 mile range then my personal 330d for when we go away/ towing race cars

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'm surprised the Tesla and EV owners don't mention the fact their cars catch on fire spontaneously. A house not far from me was on fire because the owner's top trim and quickest Tesla caught on fire, and fire fighters couldn't put it out.

Also, when you get in a crash these things are way more dangerous than petrol powered vehicles because the electric vehicles are all electronic and digital with little to no mechanical or analog features. My friends from the other state I lived in told me sent me this:

The guy tried getting out of the car, but couldn't since he was locked in and burned to death. Some Dutchman also got electrocuted by his Tesla in a crash:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-netherlands-idUSKCN11D28Z

I'm sticking with petrol cars until I die. After being physically shocked by my neighbor's Leaf, I am staying away from electric cars for good. They just have good acceleration and that is it. Top speed sucks, range/speed sucks when cold, quality of the ev cars suck, weight is immense and only getting heavier, and they deteriorate like crazy. There's so many 100,000 mile Teslas for sale in California since their range has become so short and the car is just run down as opposed to traditional internal combustion that can last a lifetime.

It's just a trend like the diesel trend back in the day. Once they'll figure out that they can't recycle the batteries the trend will cease most likely, unless they will go against their "zero emission" moral they tried glamorizing. Global warming ain't real, it's just normal for the Earth to change its weather.
Much of what you add about analogue features already carry across to current fuel based cars. I.e Throttles are all electric, injection, gearboxes, door locks,even steering on many cars has almost complete electric override (porsche are leading this).So it is not true EV's are more unsafe in this regard

I get what your saying about electric cars catching fire, however what a car does in a crash is defined by the approach the manufacturer takes not if a car is an EV or not.

Like it or not you will see and be over taken by many electric/hybrid cars in the future as apart from your leaf example most are very quick for "ordinary" cars

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I get what your saying about electric cars catching fire, however what a car does in a crash is defined by the approach the manufacturer takes not if a car is an EV or not.
Catching fire while parked is not common for petrol powered cars. For ev cars it is, as seen with the videos I showed. Look it up online, there's hundreds of videos with them catching fire. Then they spontaneously combust while being towed into the scrap yard to be recycled into a Hyundai.

Like it or not you will see and be over taken by many electric/hybrid cars in the future as apart from your leaf example most are very quick for "ordinary" cars
My man, tell me how a $18,000 USD RWD Mustang with a $4,000 USD twin turbo kit beat the top of the line AWD, gutted, Tesla ($150,000). And tell me how a Dodge Demon without the crate and with full interior beat another gutted, AWD, top of the line Tesla which costs double the price? Should I also add the video of a 400 hp Civic hatch beating the same top of the line gutted/hacked Tesla? It simply isn't the future. These EV motors have been around for a century, and on they were racing on the drag strips in the late 80s early 90s. Their acceleration isn't anything surprising, in fact many of the drivers of them I noticed driving around cannot control the car that well even with AWD+nannies. Deterioration, scrapping, range, reliability, emergency situations, and weight are there largest issues. No way in improving those since it’s just the way it is. Having driven two, the dynamics and feel of the cars are terrible too, and those who disagree are just lying to get approval from their ev boyfriends. Should I also mention the numerous amount of crashes with them on road race tracks due to the judgement of velocity is hindered drastically due to no noise? Petrol/Diesel vehicles are improving each year and catching up with acceleration points of ev, just like we see with the mid engine Corvette. Just a sought after utopia, the ev movement is. That’s just my take on it though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts