GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I`m new to the forum and am in the position of being able to buy a used GTR for oriund £50000. However, trying to get a test drive out of Nissan Cambridge has proven to be frustrating to say the least. Having promised to call back at various times over the last 6 weeks, they seem to have reluctantly agreed to let myself and a mate of mine test drive their new MY14 demo car. Now I know they must get test -pilots! but when we were in their showroom 6 weeks ago, they asked various questions to ascertain our status. The answers consisted of 48yrs old + 51yrs old, company owner, resonable expendible income with a small mortgage. Surely the ideal demographic? Anyway, tomorrow is the day!
My question is, are main dealers so rushed off their feet with test drive requests that they can`t even find time to respond to enquiries or follow up on walk in customers? Surely not that many people are queueing for GTR test drives?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go and buy it somewhere else. If they are treating you like this before they have your money, I for one would be concerned about their after sales service.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nissan Cambridge are about as much use as tits on a nun - I speak from frustrating experience. Try and find a decent independant local dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called into West Way in Aldershot last week. Spent 15-20 mins looking around a DMG MY14 outside on the forecourt, nobody came out to help, I then went into the showroom and saw a black MY14 and started looking around that, after a long wait someone did ask if they could help. I said I was looking into buying a GTR and the guy said he'd take my details and someone would get back to me....nothing yet. I guess Nissan must be making so much money they can afford to turn business away, it's a strange way to treat potential customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thing is though, wife and I recently bought a BMWM135 from Coopers/Norwich and they were very pro-active and helpful. Test drives were organised quickly and call-backs were forthcoming. Any new car purchase is generally for many many thousands of pounds and is usually the single biggest expense after proerty. If I worked at a Nissan HPC, I would be falling over myself to get customers in the door and to pay them some attention. They will get far fewer sales if they restrict GTR test drives to as and when they feel like it. Has it never occured to these dealers that I might even end up buying a lesser model instead, based on their excellent customer service?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hi Rob,

I got mine from Cambridge and haven't been back, have you popped over to the Norwich dealership? they sell GTR's now as well, not dealt with them other than a recall but they were pretty useless as well.

I also just got a BMW from coopers and agree they're much better.

Rob

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Following one visit to Desira in Norwich with a technical query, I have received an invitation to a "VIP" drinks and nibbles evening and a fishing inquiry about having my car MOT'd there. They obviously don't know me. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
It's defo down to the particular NHPC and the one you went to was unfortunately not very helpful. Before I bought my first one I enquired at my local Nissan dealership (not a NHPC) for a test drive and within a week they sorted it. I can't praise them enough, not only did they move on price but agreed to fit cobra tracker and give me a Nissan car cover in with the price. I'm sure I probably paid for them in a roundabout way but it at least made me feel like I was getting a deal. The after sales service was terrific also; Nissan freebies, complimentary R8 track day tickets (sales manager use to work for Audi) and VIP treatment at local motor show to name a few. Consequently I went back and bought my second gtr off them.

·
Registered
907 Posts
When I went for a test drive I didn't even show them my driving licence just jumped straight in. They didn't question me on my financial situation either and I was 26 at the time.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Nissan Cambridge are about as much use as tits on a nun - I speak from frustrating experience.
I got mine from Cambridge and haven't been back
Marshall Cambridge are shit. Totally useless.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with them.

I wouldn't give them your money - go somewhere else!
^^^

Similar experience, clutch learned a dead box breaking shift fork, dropped oil sump emptied oil seeing metal everywhere then told me it would be £800 to move the car away unless repaired with them is the short version.

Long version is solicitors, new gear box fitted by Middlehurst but car had to go to Litchfield prior to that for inspection etc, massive pain. Lost car from last week of June to first week of October... not that July, August, September are really the months you want to be driving the GT-R anyway...

Had on order a Juke at the time, cancelled and they didn't even care. I've heard of poor after sales care but never had experienced it prior to buying before.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
When I went for a test drive I didn't even show them my driving licence just jumped straight in. They didn't question me on my financial situation either and I was 26 at the time.
Same here @ benfield newcastle. Wasn't even dressed smart. Definitely depends on the hpc.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Personally, if purchasing from an NHPC, I'd go to Middlehirst Nissan in St Helens. It's a hike, but they do look after you and are the main NHPC.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Because I look about 12, the GT-R seller at my local NHPC in Westover Bournemouth, made every excuse under the sun to not talk to me, let alone even get to the point of a test drive.

I visited them a total of 5 times, 1 time he was off, so I'll let him off that one.
The other 4 consisted of busy speaking to customers, got a important phone call to make, going on lunch break, and 2 of those visits were pre-organised over the phone!

They had a white 59 GT-R there when I was looking for one at 44k and I wanted to buy, even got to a point of showing my bank balance to the normal Nissan seller, but to no avail.

In the end I went elsewhere and bought one 2 days after my 5th visit to Westover Nissan Bournemouth.

I have a major service on the 31st at Westover, and am intrigued to meet him this time round.

·
Registered
202 Posts
thats pretty shocking to be honest. I got a test drive no bother from A.F Nobles Nissan and I'm only 23. needless to say i bought the gtr and haven't looked back . have always had great service from them .

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Because I look about 12, the GT-R seller at my local NHPC in Westover Bournemouth, made every excuse under the sun to not talk to me, let alone even get to the point of a test drive.

I visited them a total of 5 times, 1 time he was off, so I'll let him off that one.
The other 4 consisted of busy speaking to customers, got a important phone call to make, going on lunch break, and 2 of those visits were pre-organised over the phone!

They had a white 59 GT-R there when I was looking for one at 44k and I wanted to buy, even got to a point of showing my bank balance to the normal Nissan seller, but to no avail.

In the end I went elsewhere and bought one 2 days after my 5th visit to Westover Nissan Bournemouth.

I have a major service on the 31st at Westover, and am intrigued to meet him this time round.
That's the joys of Gerard!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
But to be fair Henry, the service department are spot on. Call backs, help with parts etc etc and extremely friendly and polite :) Thank god for that as I need the service department for servicing :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts