GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Scott,

Were you having surging issues before you perfomed this mod?
No, not at all. There was some minor shuffle on light throttle, but it has always done that.

The reason I have made this mod is:

A, I am currently having my engine rebuilt with forged internals and I am hoping to see what you can get from stock, (Steel), turbos with all the extras, (Cams, Manifold, elbows, full exhaust etc etc).

B, I am an air inductions system designer by trade, and when I say the insides of that duct a cold shiver ran down my spine! :(

·
Registered
818 Posts
hmm, id like to try this on my car,, i get shuffle at going on an off throttle at light loads but more curious to see what it might do interms of power gains..im running Gt2860-5s at 1.6bar givin approx 600Fly BHP.. Would it improve things? Anyone got one I could try or sell to me?

·
Registered
415 Posts
hmm, id like to try this on my car,, i get shuffle at going on an off throttle at light loads but more curious to see what it might do interms of power gains..im running Gt2860-5s at 1.6bar givin approx 600Fly BHP.. Would it improve things? Anyone got one I could try or sell to me?
Make sure you have balanced the wastegates properly first. Modifying this pipe is secondary.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
I picked my car up from RK in the week after a complete engine rebuild, and no I am running it in. What I have found is there is no shuffle any more, which is good, mind you my missus was disappointed as she said she'd miss the chipmunk noise :rolleyes: .

I am unable to report any power gains A, I am still running it in, B, there are a lot more mod now so from my cars previous configuration.

All in all, for a few hours work messing about in the garage, its a mod well worth doing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
As i have 2 std turbo pipes I may give this a try also.
Mainly because I would like to run the ARC air-box I have which is impossible with the full HKS hard-pipe kit.
I may also swap out the massive HKS inter-cooler I have as Im running a stroked 2.8 with gtss's and dont think the huge pipes and cooler are going to help my search for instant response ! watch out for a for sale thread should this be the case.
cokey

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
My advise is try to get the beginning of this baffle as curved as possible. It makes inserting the baffle more difficult with a curved slot, but the flow characteristics are much better then a flat plate. Ideally you'd want the outside of the bend as smooth as possible.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Chaz,

Do it your self, its not hard.

First get the yellow pages and find a local welder, call them and confirm they can weld it back up again. Then, whip the pipe off in 5 mins and set to work with a hack saw knowing you've got a guy down the road who can weld it.

Either that or mark on your pipe where you want the baffle to go and I am sure the welder will do the lot for you for £50 or so.

Be brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Dave, yours goes out in the post tomorrow! Will be with you thursday/friday.

I'm just waiting for exchange pipes now to do the next batch! (get your orders in boys through the shop)

Ian

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know its not stock looking but I made two seperate stainless pipes merge into one them wrapped them in a water jacket which is fed by cool water pumped from a seperate rad up front. Still trying to perfect it to try and get a chargecooled effect before it hits the intercooler. Had some shuffle still so put a balance pipe between the outlets of the two turbos. Didnt expect it to work and was told it wouldnt but it did. No more shuffle! I have not has the car running enough (due to me making a **** up and junking the engine) to say it makes much difference but I will mess about with it some more to see if I can get a result. Worth a try.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Frosty, its a piss easy mod, that gives 10hp atw takes 2 hours and reduces the possibility of shuffle.

!!

Need I go on ?

41 - 60 of 186 Posts