GTR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I've no idea TBH, I can't think of a reason for now. It may well not be that, just a coincidence that I happened to try *cruising* at that speed for the first time which just so happened to be right after I'd fitted the TT pipe.

I also suspect that everyone else who has one of these fitted probably has bigger turbos with later spool (I've seen 1.0 bar at 2400rpm in a top gear roll on), so even if it is the pipe causing this (and we've no firm reason to believe that it is), other cars might not suffer from the same thing anyway.

Cheers,
Kingsley.

·
Registered
270 Posts
just got mine in the post today, cant wait to fir it tomorrow

Ian did a fast turn around, a couple of days from order to it being at my door

Chris

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
fitted mine a good few month ago and waited till i'd done a good few miles in all weather conditions and as fast as i dare push myself (on private land of course dont want people thinking i drive like a prat on the roads) and my spec is very similar to kingsley's and i have not experienced any of those problems! but i have now lost all sign of the annoying turbo shuffle i had before, the car seems to spool faster and easier, one of the best mods i've fitted to my car. and a fair price for a extremly good product.

what more can you ask for?

tib

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Hi all,

When fitting this part do you need to change any gaskets?

If so do they come with the part or not?

Cheers,

Steve
Although you disturb the gaskets onto the turbo outlets, mine came off easily without any damage to the gasket (which apparently is normal), so no new gaskets were required. All other things were just hose clips so these went back on without a fuss.

Mine didn't come with gaskets but as above, I didn't need any.

Cheers,
Kingsley.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did mine myself and had the welder at work TiG it back up. He did such a grood job very little of original paint came off. You can barely see it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Is this still available tried to order from link in preveous posts but no luck, any info gratefully received. :wavey:
i have mine which i'm going to sell BUT the only problem is that i live in syd, aust. although - you are also on sau right?

whilst i am here, would most ppl think that a greddy hard pipe kit would give similar results to this baffled pipe mod? the way the hard pipe kit is designed, the pipe splices off nicely from 2 pipes into 1 pipe nicely - thoughts?

·
Registered
248 Posts
The Greddy hard pipe kit would give similar results to this baffled pipe mod but the Greddy option is bloody expensive compared to say. . . . ZERO MONEY ! Or a couple of Beers for the welder.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i agree with you 100% as its a great mod & worked well on my last setup with -10s & removed the shuffle.
as i already have the hard pipe kit so it now confirms that i no longer need my baffled pipe so may as well sell it to someone who is going to make use of it :)

my current rb26 with hks gtrs's shuffles quite a bit though with the greddy hard pipe kit - im hoping a retune will take this out as im not happy with it atm, below 4500rpm it sounds like thomas the tank engine!

is anyone here running -10s or hks gtrs's successfully on an rb26 with minimal turbo shuffle?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i agree with you 100% as its a great mod & worked well on my last setup with -10s & removed the shuffle.
as i already have the hard pipe kit so it now confirms that i no longer need my baffled pipe so may as well sell it to someone who is going to make use of it :)

my current rb26 with hks gtrs's shuffles quite a bit though with the greddy hard pipe kit - im hoping a retune will take this out as im not happy with it atm, below 4500rpm it sounds like thomas the tank engine!

is anyone here running -10s or hks gtrs's successfully on an rb26 with minimal turbo shuffle?
When Steveo had his autronic SM4 in his car, the shuffle was a million times better than when he went back to the FC. Both wee MAP sensor based ECU's.
My very first tune when I bought the car it hardly shuffled.

·
Registered
771 Posts
When Steveo had his autronic SM4 in his car, the shuffle was a million times better than when he went back to the FC. Both wee MAP sensor based ECU's.
My very first tune when I bought the car it hardly shuffled.
my new gtr is now running a vipec - just needs crd's touch :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had - 10's on for a week and took them off and then put on - 5's. The - 10's shuffled more cause they are a little to big for my RB26. The compressors spent to much time on the surge line and at the same time I had removed my meth injection cause I was unhappy with that poor set-up and that made it worse some more. I have a new 3 stage Devils Own Methanol set-up to go on and I'll see in the spring if the - 10's go back on. I like the quick response of the - 5's on 30/70 % water/meth mix. It makes the car really fun and quick !

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sad news but I've decided to pull all my products from the GTROC shop, so I'm afraid they will soon not be available.

I've noticed somebody seems to be offering an exchange on eBay for a baffled twin turbo pipe. Please do not confuse these with the items sold through the GTROC. They seem to use a much flatter plate which does little to cure the shuffle problem and makes the front turbo work hard.
In addition I hope they tested them properly to ensure they don't fall to pieces sending the debris through the engine.
Buyer beware!

Many thanks for all the kind words and support over the time and hundreds of parts sold!

Regards
Ian C
Elitetech Automotive

161 - 180 of 186 Posts