GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked up earlier on double yellows to quickly run into Blockbuster to grab a DVD for later. When I emerged less than 10 minutes later I had a parking fine. :( Now I am not moaning about that - my fault for parking there. However, I was rather more upset regarding the damage the pillock had done whilst applying the ticket to the car. He was only a short bloke and clearly leaned over my car whilst sticking the ticket on the windscreen, in the process scratching the wing and bonnet. I drove round the corner to find him nicking someone else and confronted him regarding the damage. As to be expected he denied all responsibility, stating it was not him who had caused the damage and the scratches must have already been there. I of course know that they were not, but of course it's his word against mine.

Oh well, just as well that car is booked in to Valet Magic soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'd take to your local hpc and get them to write a report regarding the overall condition of your body and paint work.

Then This to your lawyer and proceed Via a small claims court

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd take to your local hpc and get them to write a report regarding the overall condition of your body and paint work.

Then This to your lawyer and proceed Via a small claims court
Yes, I am very strongly considering proceeding along this or similar lines - the thing is, I guess it will simply be my word against his, although I guess it shouldn't be beyond reasonable doubt that a collection of scratches on a vehicle otherwise free of such marks around the specific area he placed the ticket were caused by him. :confused:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
f-ing wardens !

They all have this attitude problem don't they? Can't stand them f8*ks

That seems like a lot of scratches.. It seems he was having a picnic on the bonnet for a while.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Any local CCTV catching him in the act?

The paint repair could end up costing you a fair bit and I'm sure the wardens bosses make enough money mugging people off all day. In you should persue this and give them a taste of thier own medicine or get the short arse attendant to prove he can get to the windscreen without touching the car body.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Jesus how short was he? 4 foot :chuckle:

It would never get anywhere by trying to claim mate as he will simply say it wasnt him and you will end up going around and around in circles.

I will make sure it looks like a mirror again soon. :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
You should have scratched his face whilst beating him to a pulp !!! Sorry Bad day ! LOL

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe next time don't park on yellows and leave it unattended??

Tho this is annoying am sure, could have easily been avoided.

Don't bother wasting your time, hope damage isn't too bad.
Could have been worse, clamped and had wheels damaged.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not worth pursuing given you have a detail coming up anyway - those scratches should polish off.

Just breathing on the Kuro Black paint causes it to scratch!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Is the paint on the Black GT-R's really that bad? or did the guy lean a ladder on the car and climb across with golf shoes on to the window?

I'm not implying they weren't there but if the paint marks that easy I'd be worried around the next time we get hail stones!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the paint on the Black GT-R's really that bad? or did the guy lean a ladder on the car and climb across with golf shoes on to the window?

I'm not implying they weren't there but if the paint marks that easy I'd be worried around the next time we get hail stones!
The paint is awful to be frank - I have never owned a car with paint that is so soft and easy to damage.

The scratches were definitely not there prior to this - I know my car pretty well and look over it quite a lot. :) For these marks to suddenly appear in the exact region where the ticket was placed means to me either guilty or a case of the most extreme coincidence.

I will be raising the point with them. As I said the car is being detailed anyway, so I am not too bothered about the scratches - more cheesed off that the twat inflicted damage in the first place and then gave me a blank 'butter wouldn't melt' expression when I confronted him over it. I was parked on double yellow so give me a ticket - just don't bring my car into this! :chuckle:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not worth pursuing given you have a detail coming up anyway - those scratches should polish off.

Just breathing on the Kuro Black paint causes it to scratch!
The gun metalic is not much better ,very high maintenance to keep spotless never had this before ,no such thing as a quick wash always spot something that needs clay or scratch remover.

Still love the car though lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts