GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought some part from the above company.
All the parts i bought fitted like a glove,
Theres enough bad threads on here with bad service,
So i thought i better post up as these are great people to deal with & their products are as good as there service.
Parts Purchased
Lower front Splitter
sills
and Carbon Diffuser Vortex Fin Blades
All made in the wet Carbon,

Thanks again to Knight racer

Goldie

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Their carbon parts etc have always been of decent quality and pretty straight forward service

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I purchased a wing, side vents and bonnet grills...problems with quality on all three items...very poor quality and they fail after a while.

I hope you won't suffer these issues

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grahamc love your boot lid and a fantastic fit.
Ill post up some photos later, if not tomorrow.

Goldie

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Bought some part from the above company.
All the parts i bought fitted like a glove,
Theres enough bad threads on here with bad service,
So i thought i better post up as these are great people to deal with & their products are as good as there service.
Parts Purchased
Lower front Splitter
sills
and Carbon Diffuser Vortex Fin Blades
All made in the wet Carbon,

Thanks again to Knight racer

Goldie
Good to see this positive feedback, I've never used him.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was taken this evening,
Sorry cars filthy and getting dark,
Bonnet
side skirts
F/Splitter all perfect and easy fit

Goldie

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wish I could say the same, had a KR MY12 Splitter collapse at V-Max yesterday ending my day on the first run!!!

And then checking the car over we also noticed the side skirt was about to fall off aswell.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Wish I could say the same, had a KR MY12 Splitter collapse at V-Max yesterday ending my day on the first run!!!

And then checking the car over we also noticed the side skirt was about to fall off aswell.
Albert is very clear that his products will last a year and then fail and basically F off after that point...makes Del Boy trotter seem like a quality retailer

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Bonnet
side skirts

Goldie
what rear spoiler is that? looks good...

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Albert is very clear that his products will last a year and then fail and basically F off after that point...makes Del Boy trotter seem like a quality retailer
My KR side skirts and rear valance have been on for a couple of years now and no issues, despite loads of 190mph+ runs.

Maybe it helps that I had KR do the install, although from what I could see they simply slotted into the standard fittings.

Aftermarket front splitters are notorious for breaking free at high speed. The GT-R I did the Gumball in during 2009 did the same with its Zele splitter.
Basically, think about what "more downforce" means. It's like hanging a considerable weight on the front of the splitter. If you don't reinforce the fittings, they will fail.

One of Litchfield's prototype carbon front splitters detached at the Ring a couple of years ago too. Iain has since had some steel plates made up to reinforce the bumper where it fits.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

Aftermarket front splitters are notorious for breaking free at high speed. The GT-R I did the Gumball in during 2009 did the same with its Zele splitter.
Basically, think about what "more downforce" means. It's like hanging a considerable weight on the front of the splitter. If you don't reinforce the fittings, they will fail.

One of Litchfield's prototype carbon front splitters detached at the Ring a couple of years ago too. Iain has since had some steel plates made up to reinforce the bumper where it fits.
This is true of splitters. My friends car (R32 GTR) had a mishap at 140mph+ where the front splitter (additional to the stock splitter) ripped off, taking the drivers side of the bumper with it :runaway:

We had to re-attach with cable ties and string until we got it back home lol

The R34 GTR Vspec has metal reinforcer's for the additional splitter it comes with from the factory

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
My KR side skirts and rear valance have been on for a couple of years now and no issues, despite loads of 190mph+ runs.

Maybe it helps that I had KR do the install, although from what I could see they simply slotted into the standard fittings.

I am talking about rear wing cracking in repeated places and loosing its colour...side vents not fitting properly...bonnet vents delaminating...I am sure they looked after you David due to your profile in Evo and Vernin Kay...it is basically cheap rubbish that they rip people off over...basically crooks

Talk to the tuners on here of what they think of Knight Racer

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Bonnet
side skirts

Goldie
Oh Stu, you are falling for it, that moding BUG !!!!:chuckle:

See you on Thursday with al your "add on's" slowing you down :chuckle::eek::chuckle:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
That is one dirty bitch, you should have put the pics up after the detailing :chuckle:
those are old pics, but they were already on photobucket... car is sparkling now!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts