GTR Forum banner

Thanks NeilO

715 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  neilo 
#1 ·
Well i`ve just got back to Plymouth after a great days driving at Bruntingthorpe with Neil & Harry and Don Palmer(top bloke).
Even though i got motion sickness and Pukked and then did some damage to the car ( believed to be blown intercooler hose) it was a superb day.
I`ve only done a couple of track days before and a few laps of the Ring but i`ve always taken them easy due to my lack of race driving skill, but today was something else, learning high speed turns with plenty of sideways action and then an hour later doing the same turns only faster and just controlling the steering wheel with my fingertips. and many more things.
So many thanks Neil for organising a great day.
Comment of the day from the brakedown recovery bloke " wow are these the cars that are faster than the Subaru`s ".

#4 ·
Hi Hodgie,

all you can do is change front to back etc and try to even out tyre wear.

My track day tyres have very little tread on all four outside edges, due to all having been on the front wheels round a few tracks .......

#7 ·
Hodgie

Glad you had a good day and learnt something at the same time, and that theres no serious damage to your car.

Have you turned normal flesh colour yet after your paistey experience.lol

As for myself i can't wait to go again Don tought me alot in the art of car control as my knowlege before was very { bull in a china shop style } so i would recomend this course highly.

Had a top speed run at the end of the day and the car was showing just over 200 which was reading 185 on the gps, there was a bit more to go but my **** went as the end was getting close.

Should be good when the new box goes in.

Harry

Had a great experience out in your monaro it growls like a b@st@rd, roll on spa!!!

Neil

#8 ·
shit, Neil, forgot to call you about those tyres

Still have them, but car is off the road at the mo waiting for new brakes and tyres, but your welcome to come collect anytime

mook

#10 ·
I can confirm that the lower intercooler hose was blown clean off, we got it fitted back on yesterday, but we had to take the spark plugs out 3 times as the car had totally overfueled and every time we tried to start the engine they just became more and more foulled up. The garage got it running this morning, but it took a good 20 min`s before it was running smoothly on all 6 cylinders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.