GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So woke up yesterday bouncing like a tigger on speed...... It was the day I get to pick my GTR UP..... Went to work, after ten days off and simply walked in to a world of shit, so set about correctin the world in a superman fashion, nothing was going to dampen my day..... So I thought!

Phoned middlehurst to do final checks in car, they were amazingly helpful and I would like to thank John Atkinson, what a lovely, enthusiastic and helpful chap!

Happy with what I heard I went out in the pouring road with a spring in my step and good music in my ears, I skipped down to the bank and moved the funds, an then all the clocks in the world slowed to a crawl and no amount of willing then on would speed them up..... It dragged!!

4:30 rolled around, eventually, and I was if like a rat up a drain pipe, legged it home, met the Missus and got changed.... We jumped in her car and we were off heading towards Wolverhampton as fast as the speed limits would allow me....... Then the stress started!!!

M6 shut...... ****!!!! Went off down the m1, sat nav would NOT sort a new route, we made our own route that would get us back in the m6 at junction 3 as the road sites said only j2 was shut...... After following every man and his dog that had the same idea I found j3 was bloody shut, I was now 1hour late, weather was shite and I was lost!! Stressed at being late and lost we winged it....... Final we got back to the m6 and boom we arrived!!!

The owner met us with a smile on his face, possibly one. Of the nicest people I have met in a very long time, enthusiastic, slightly OCD about te car he showed it to me with a huge smile on his face! My jaw nearly hit the ground, she is mint! !!!

He talks me around the car, pointed out everything and we continue with the purchase, all docs signed and a good natter had it was time for me to take control of the new beast, Sat took the car out of his garage for me and I was under way, I could hear his heart sinking as I drove off even over the thumping 3.8 v6

The drive home was epic, I don't think I have laughed so much in my entire life driving a car, it's metal, after accelerating in a fashion that induced a full blown ab workout All the way home I landed.... Happy as larry and not even slightly annoyed at the 40minute extra I had to drive because the a14 was shut I put her to bed!!!

WHAT A CAR!! I'd like to thank the previous owner for being very patient, understanding, genuinely nice and most of all so anal about the car, I got a minter!!

Can't wait to go out in her tonight :)

I would also like to thank all the owners on here that have given me guidance as advice, it has been very much appreciated :)

Oh and obviously me g/f for being my taxi, putting up with my grump on the way up there and for putting up with me going on about owning a gtr for the last 8months x

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the way there I was screwing mate, absolutely livid...... I hate being late for anything but this was a special day!!

I didn't mind the run home and the roads being shut and being forced off of the A14 and down country roads :)

Your time will come very shortly mate and you won't stop grinning from the minute you step in to her :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Reading this post I was genuinely worried something bad was going to happen like it had already been sold or you arrived to find it was a pile of trash.

Glad it all worked out well for you chap. Enjoy the new toy!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Congrats Tony, YES you are certainly going to love it, and it doesnt get boring... Ive had mine 8 months and use it daily 50+ miles, its a great car!

I had an Evo before that, which was quick.. my r35 was stock when bought, and I modded it to stage 4 after 2 months, not that it really needed it, but just as its so easy to stage 4 them, with bolt on's and a remap. So I just went for it, and it's great... mid-top end is a lot quicker now...

·
Registered
76 Posts
So woke up yesterday bouncing like a tigger on speed...... It was the day I get to pick my GTR UP..... Went to work, after ten days off and simply walked in to a world of shit, so set about correctin the world in a superman fashion, nothing was going to dampen my day..... So I thought!

Phoned middlehurst to do final checks in car, they were amazingly helpful and I would like to thank John Atkinson, what a lovely, enthusiastic and helpful chap!

Happy with what I heard I went out in the pouring road with a spring in my step and good music in my ears, I skipped down to the bank and moved the funds, an then all the clocks in the world slowed to a crawl and no amount of willing then on would speed them up..... It dragged!!

4:30 rolled around, eventually, and I was if like a rat up a drain pipe, legged it home, met the Missus and got changed.... We jumped in her car and we were off heading towards Wolverhampton as fast as the speed limits would allow me....... Then the stress started!!!

M6 shut...... ****!!!! Went off down the m1, sat nav would NOT sort a new route, we made our own route that would get us back in the m6 at junction 3 as the road sites said only j2 was shut...... After following every man and his dog that had the same idea I found j3 was bloody shut, I was now 1hour late, weather was shite and I was lost!! Stressed at being late and lost we winged it....... Final we got back to the m6 and boom we arrived!!!

The owner met us with a smile on his face, possibly one. Of the nicest people I have met in a very long time, enthusiastic, slightly OCD about te car he showed it to me with a huge smile on his face! My jaw nearly hit the ground, she is mint! !!!

He talks me around the car, pointed out everything and we continue with the purchase, all docs signed and a good natter had it was time for me to take control of the new beast, Sat took the car out of his garage for me and I was under way, I could hear his heart sinking as I drove off even over the thumping 3.8 v6

The drive home was epic, I don't think I have laughed so much in my entire life driving a car, it's metal, after accelerating in a fashion that induced a full blown ab workout All the way home I landed.... Happy as larry and not even slightly annoyed at the 40minute extra I had to drive because the a14 was shut I put her to bed!!!

WHAT A CAR!! I'd like to thank the previous owner for being very patient, understanding, genuinely nice and most of all so anal about the car, I got a minter!!

Can't wait to go out in her tonight :)

I would also like to thank all the owners on here that have given me guidance as advice, it has been very much appreciated :)

Oh and obviously me g/f for being my taxi, putting up with my grump on the way up there and for putting up with me going on about owning a gtr for the last 8months x
Good on you. Im picking up mine tomorrow. Cant wait

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Tony, YES you are certainly going to love it, and it doesnt get boring... Ive had mine 8 months and use it daily 50+ miles, its a great car!

I had an Evo before that, which was quick.. my r35 was stock when bought, and I modded it to stage 4 after 2 months, not that it really needed it, but just as its so easy to stage 4 them, with bolt on's and a remap. So I just went for it, and it's great... mid-top end is a lot quicker now...
Cheers buddy, glad you are still enjoying your car 8 months on :)

I'm going to go stage1 and leave it I think.......... we shall see how that works out for me LOL

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts