GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd noticed the torque-split gauage getting rather active of late and decided to swap the wheels front to rear at the weekend incase it was due to the rears being slightly worn. What a difference! The gauge now stays put in a straight line (in the dry) and the car goes noticeably better. Bonus! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
Blast, I had noticed my guage moving and was going to ask about this.
There still seems to be lots of tread on the rears though.
Will still give it a go though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
I noticed mine going up a fair bit before. I could do with it on a heads up display though - it's not easy to watch it while doing the sort of driving that makes it move ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bajie said:
Blast, I had noticed my guage moving and was going to ask about this.
There still seems to be lots of tread on the rears though.
Will still give it a go though.
Mine was moving quite a lot, now it stays basically on zero all way through second, third, fourth and upto 6.5k in fifth. Where I ran out of track lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kingsley said:
I noticed mine going up a fair bit before. I could do with it on a heads up display though - it's not easy to watch it while doing the sort of driving that makes it move ...
I've often thought that when people talk about watching how much the torque-split gauge moves whilst going round bends?! If the rear wheels are spinning and I'm going round a corner I tend to find looking where the hell I'm going and keeping the car on the road something of a priority!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
vennuth said:
I've often thought that when people talk about watching how much the torque-split gauge moves whilst going round bends?! If the rear wheels are spinning and I'm going round a corner I tend to find looking where the hell I'm going and keeping the car on the road something of a priority!!! :D
Yeah me too!

It's probably easier on a 32 as it's next to the rev counter, I think?

HUD would still be best, IMHO. It's daft having it in the middle of the dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kingsley said:
Yeah me too!

It's probably easier on a 32 as it's next to the rev counter, I think?

HUD would still be best, IMHO. It's daft having it in the middle of the dash.
Yeah it's just to the left of the speedo in the 32 - hardly ideal but better than in the centre of the dash! :)

A HUD display would be very smart. TweenieRob's got one for his R32 IIRC - it might be worth giving him a shout and asking for some details.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
vennuth said:
Mine was moving quite a lot, now it stays basically on zero all way through second, third, fourth and upto 6.5k in fifth. Where I ran out of track lol.

try the A38 from Brum to Lichfield... wont run out of 'track' there ;)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top