GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sounds like the feckin millenium falcon!!!!

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
TBH, i would say that was dubbed. Even the Vector twin turbo cant replicate that sound and that has got fighter technology behind it.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I wonder...how impressive to us will the new GT-R be? It may slay the competition in the magazines, tested against other factory stock cars, but how will it stack up against the innumerable 600bhp old school GT-Rs that we've been driving around? Sure, paddle shifters and other gizmos may make it easier to drive, but will it really be any faster?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I wonder...how impressive to us will the new GT-R be? It may slay the competition in the magazines, tested against other factory stock cars, but how will it stack up against the innumerable 600bhp old school GT-Rs that we've been driving around? Sure, paddle shifters and other gizmos may make it easier to drive, but will it really be any faster?
With chassis technology having moved on a fair bit I hope so. Nissan also intended on keeping the weight very low and improving the 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, brakes and dampers etc well beyond the R34. I would like to think (as standard) it should match or outshine a 500bhp R34. It has after all the 911 turbo in it's sights :cool: .

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,040 Posts
I would like to think (as standard) it should match or outshine a 500bhp R34. It has after all the 911 turbo in it's sights
Spot on. Think Z-Tune plus. Love 'em or hate 'em, the 911 Turbo is an awesome piece of machinery and will take some beating.

......just a shame every overweight, balding, 30+ man done good buys a 911 to have his mid life crisis in.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
With chassis technology having moved on a fair bit I hope so. Nissan also intended on keeping the weight very low and improving the 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, brakes and dampers etc well beyond the R34. I would like to think (as standard) it should match or outshine a 500bhp R34. It has after all the 911 turbo in it's sights :cool: .
I bet from the Best Motoring show they will stag this new GTR to battle the best from the older R34 Z-tune, hopefully other cars too such as 911 Turbo, F430, C6 Z06, Gallardo and the new M3.

If this new GTR turns up not to be much better then the old one then many years of development, researches and tests would be a waste. If they aim to beat the new 911 Turbo (which I think they will) this new GTR would be very hard to beat anywhere, expecially when it comes to driveability.

Looking at in longer run I don't think this new GTR will be the top notch performer from Japan like the old days. I bet the new NSX a couple of year after will be in the top leage example of the best to come from Japan.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
the 911 Turbo is indeed impressive - I'd own one (993 chassis) if I had bucketloads of money. But I don't, so the R32 will have to do - plus, you get to tune Skylines, which is fun, and with Porsches, you can't really do much with them at all except pay skyhigh insurance and worry :p

Still quite fast though - this video was taken on the best wangan route in Korea:
YouTube - The fastest car in Korea...

mind you, that's indicated and not GPS, but it still ain't slow :p

·
Registered
733 Posts
When you listern as he exit's the corner you don't get the v8 noise that I would expect, But more like 6 cylinder neo engine with two turbos.

prehaps that's not the engine their are going to run with in the car, But just any engine testing the handling of the car.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.