GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the best "longer version" video so far I've seen the new GTR tested at the Nurburgring. It covers the whole aspect of the car and gives you a better idea of what it's up against. The video is in Japanese but who cares, it's a very good one worth to watch..

VIDEO: YouTube - Skyline GT-R Prototype testing at the Nurburgring

There's also an interesting footage of the new GTR comparison to the new 911 Turbo at the curves. Look at that HUGE Brembo brakes :chuckle: Otherwise try to pay attention to the shifting sound, hmmm.. interesting :rolleyes:

This car really grows on me :bowdown1: and if rumor is right lets hope it does 7.40 at the Nurburgring for the reputation of Nissan, Ghosn & co or otherwise it would be a disepointment.

Hope you guys find this video interesting as well :smokin:

- Jack -

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
TBH,i think its a great car,but i cant believe it will go 7.40 or less,to less power,to do that you need more then maybe 450PS in a heavy,luxury car:)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
^^ Yeah I agree, sounds odd..

Does anybody know what time the new 911 Turbo does at the Nurburgring? If we know the time of the 911 Turbo this would give us a better aspect of what the new GTR might be capable of. At my best guess I believe it would do around 2 - 3 seconds faster then the 911 Turbo at the Nurburgring..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Rival times

To put it into perspective the NSX type-r ran the circuit in 7.56 so to run it at 7.40 with all those extra KGs and the inertia generated will need a lot more than what an R34 has

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I would think that a paddle shift, proper Seq manual would sound similar to an M3 or Ferrari.... unfortunately it sounds more like the new 7 speed Merc transmission... Which I tested on an SLK350 and is rubbish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts