·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very similar to your spec
2860-5s
Hpi elbows
Equal length nismo downpipe
Tomei Titanium decat and Tomei expreme exhaust.

On initial fitting it wasnt too bad but now after some heat has gone into during mapping its nuts
A thing to look at as well Sam is my Tomei Ti has around a 2mm clearence to the passenger side rear...sway bar/arm? Wiggling the exhaust tip even slightly you can hear it knock against the arm. I've ordered some heat-wrap to put around that section and wedge in between. So not only is it overly loud - it vibrates like crazy. A few feet of titanium pipe vibrating against more metal isn't a very pleasant sound :bawling:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
A thing to look at as well Sam is my Tomei Ti has around a 2mm clearence to the passenger side rear...sway bar/arm? Wiggling the exhaust tip even slightly you can hear it knock against the arm. I've ordered some heat-wrap to put around that section and wedge in between. So not only is it overly loud - it vibrates like crazy. A few feet of titanium pipe vibrating against more metal isn't a very pleasant sound :bawling:
I dont have that problem luckily, mine is close to the centre support brace, but no forceful movement by hand can get it to touch.

If yours is touching that just makes it worse, heat wrap will will eventually wear away where its touching, try re adjusting all the fitments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Same has happened to my car, after mapping and set up its gone flipping loud
Exhaust gas volume and pulse reflections. My Volvo (2.5T, dual-VCT) was amazingly quiet with JT Superflow exhaust until I also upgraded the turbo, IC and injectors and remapped it. It went from mildly throaty to 80's 5cyl-rally-quattro-at-full-wail -soundtrack instantly.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts