GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
nice pics Dino.. its an OK car I suppose.

Umar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
battleship grey with black rims will be very popular, understated and moody, would like to see in satin black, then pure evil

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Oh my gosh that is stunning...

But just one problem... VW makes them!

Is it just me or does anybody else on here feel that the VW guy have watered down Lamborghini a bit from where it used to be... i mean, the Countach and Diablo were pin-up posters that i dreamt of while i was in high school.

But somehow they don't have the same appeal as they used to. I don't think it's only down to there being a lot more supercars these days. The Murcielago seems to be a bit of a dog around the track... In them days, the supercar battles always seemed to be the raging bull vs the prancing horse.

Look at where the Enzo and Maserati are, and how far back the Murcielago is.

Gallardo is stunning in the flesh though.

·
Registered
587 Posts
rasonline said:
Oh my gosh that is stunning...

But just one problem... VW makes them!

Is it just me or does anybody else on here feel that the VW guy have watered down Lamborghini a bit from where it used to be... i mean, the Countach and Diablo were pin-up posters that i dreamt of while i was in high school.

But somehow they don't have the same appeal as they used to. I don't think it's only down to there being a lot more supercars these days. The Murcielago seems to be a bit of a dog around the track... In them days, the supercar battles always seemed to be the raging bull vs the prancing horse.

Look at where the Enzo and Maserati are, and how far back the Murcielago is.

Gallardo is stunning in the flesh though.
i think the vw group have improved lamborghini no end. by all accounts (having never driven either a ferrari or a lamborghini) lamborghinis have never been as precise to drive as a ferrari, they are about over the top styling, something completely different and i think the murchielago is still this. but now lamborghinis are easier to drive and more reliable, i would rather own a murcielago than a countach.

the ultimate lambo is the muira and they will probably never produce a finer car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
very nice car. i think they should make this version rear wheel drive instead of 4 wheel drive like the previous one. it would be more fun and bring back the true
essence of Lamborghini.

rasonline said:
But somehow they don't have the same appeal as they used to.
i agree Ras ever since the Diablo they seem to have become more sensible.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i cant find anysites with any info on on google?

anyone got any sites or dino fill us in with spec? occasion?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I like it alot!!!

Always liked lambo's from when i was a nipper and watches canonball run all day. lol.

Neil

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Stunning car in the flesh, theres a guy near me with a orange one?? but he has a Zonda F coming very soon!!!

I know Matt is really looking forward to meeting it on the "private" road to see how his R33 matches upto it ;)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Weren´t the older Lamborghinis something like a beast which the driver was some kind of afraid of? Whereas the new ones seem to be the "everybody´s darling" with 100% driveability even for the non- experienced driver? I mean, nothing against ESP and all the other goodies that make a car much safer nowadays but my opinion is that a sportscar has to be pure. And that makes the character of a sportscar.
The new Carrera GT is such a car, even Walther Röhrl said: "This car is for the advanced driver only"

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
R0B said:
i think the vw group have improved lamborghini no end.
no doubt the quality is mega-improved. I'm just saying that looking at a Lambo these days doesn't compare at all to looking at a Lambo the way it used to have appeal before.

Consider the days of Countach vs Testarossa. Both cars looked awesome.

Park a Lambo next to a Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda, Maserati and you will see what i'm talking about. It's supposed to be right up there on the MOST EXCLUSIVE LIST. That is what Lambo symbolised in the past.

·
Registered
587 Posts
rasonline said:
Park a Lambo next to a Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda, Maserati and you will see what i'm talking about. It's supposed to be right up there on the MOST EXCLUSIVE LIST. That is what Lambo symbolised in the past.
I agree with you, having been fortunate enough to see a zonda and two enzos (one actually driving) they are far more exciting than the current lambos. however, i think this is because these two car are more dramatic looking (enzo is certainly not your avarage ferrari) than the murchielago but i think the murchielago still follows the lamborghini tradition and is still as dramatic as other lamborghinis of the past.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts