GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if David Yu videos were not proof enough of how little grip the car has in the wet, here is some more evidence........

In car HD footage from Knockhill yesterday cut into 2 videos, if you listen carefully you will hear the back end spinning up at around 130 up the straight.......;)

Was having to baby the throttle around all corners or face a trip into the kitty litter.

Also just a wee video to show that the car can hold it's own versus a fully track prepared Evo even with Dunlop Summer tyres on........

A very good experience even just for learning exactly what little grip the car has in the wet, everyone should try it once.........

Roll on the dry weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzrZgpgYYb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEONIUaRhkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81-zjLJd91c

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Awesome i enjoyed watching that,wow that GTC exhaust sounds great.
I cant wait to see some laps in the dry :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Great stuff Scotty.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Anglesey is dry-ish next week.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Great vids Scotty, was getting pretty wet though...Exhaust sounds even better down a mile striaght:cool:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Anglesey is dry-ish next week.
+1

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
thanks Scotty -beats watching top Gear or F1 anyday!!

Exhaust does sound wicked though.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
i reckon a set of F1's would have given you the grip round knockhill that day.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nice series of videos Scotty, thoroughly enjoyed watching them. The car sounded superb and you did well to keep everything pointing in the right direction!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
As i always say,GTR´s are useless in wet conditions,Evo´s will not be beaten there...;)

Some people say the Dunlops are perfect in the rain,much better then the Bridgestones....personally i think they are both bad,very bad:chairshot

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments guys really appreciated!

Thanks for putting the pics up Benji.

Everything crossed you guys get nice weather for your Wales run at the weekend, make sure and put CC at the front of the convoy with his counter measures well and truely switched on, sorry did i say Counter measures i meant Park distance Controllers, i really should stop mixing up those 2 totally seperate devices...;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do the arb´s work:wavey:
Hey Alex,

The car geometry is set up really aggresively for the dry so Saturday was not really a good time to gauge how well it was coping on track, as you can see the weather was really poor.

From the fast road driving in the dry the car has been transformed, it used to fish tale down the road due to the power before the ARB now it just squats down and stays predictable.

A very noticeable improvement from before and highly recommended, the exciting news is that Whiteline have had the car for a further 2 weeks doing more R&D so expect some more parts which can only improve things again.

The best advice i can give is to make sure if you buy a Whiteline ARB make sure it is done through one of their recognised sellers/ fitting centres, the fitting is just part of the puzzle, the package is completed by making sure the Geometry is set up by someone in the know with input from Whiteline.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Scotty,thanks,i spoke to Whiteline about some adjustable suspension arms etc,as when you lower the GTR the rear geometrie is way out of place.....hope they do them:nervous:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I got duncan at hypertech to whiteline most, if not all, my scooby P1, and boy does it handle now - probably the best part was the rear ARB beem - absolutely no, and i mean no, rear out now.

Scotty, you need to get some hypertech graphics on your car mate.... - am sure duncan would oblige?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Everything crossed you guys get nice weather for your Wales run at the weekend, make sure and put CC at the front of the convoy with his counter measures well and truely switched on, sorry did i say Counter measures i meant Park distance Controllers, i really should stop mixing up those 2 totally seperate devices...;)
lol and if it is wet, CC is going at the back, on account of his in gear wheel spin problem:p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts