GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know weather this has been posted up before seem to remember something about it before.I have just read jap performance mag Oct 2009 page 12 all about how the German police are clamping down on any cars that have modifications that are not TUV approved resulting in cars being impounded ,so that's ruled me out for being legal to go to the ring again:bawling: and i,m sure most other people will be in the same boat .be nice to hear peoples comments on this:bawling:nismoman

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hadn't heard that but earlier this year my car was tested for noise by some German authorities just after I'd gone through the ticket gates.....

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noise is a common reason to stop you running at the ring ,this rule as i understand it applys to the road as well

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
It's bollocks. Started by a firm with vested interests. Noise is an issue but mods are no problem apparently

mook

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Got o be rubbish. How can they impound your car when its UK registered and legal?

·
Registered
670 Posts
my car is fully tuned and modified and complies with all rules here in the netherlands as I imported it as it is. How do 'they' know there is something wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
know what your saying but just because its legal in the uk dont make it legal every were i,d have though:(a skyline is legal to run on the roads in japan but not when you bring it over to the uk????? with out carrying out mods to suit uk laws .sort of the same differance if you know what i mean.just a thought dont know if its fact or not regarding the article;)

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
It's been discussed on here and north loop and is confirmed bullshit

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
How can they complain about noise from modified cars? Have they ever heard a supercar at full chat?!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
A car does not have to meet a country's requirements if its not going to be registered there, so if your driving there the only thing they can kick up a fuss with is noise.

Tony

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
How can they complain about noise from modified cars? Have they ever heard a supercar at full chat?!
different creature though.

the owners of the ring get permission from the local council to run noise restriction free races, but the nurburgring itself is a public road and they can kick you off if your over a certain limit. i should know, i still have my pink failure slip

lol

mook

·
Registered
509 Posts
i was there in july and all they were really worried about was towhooks extending out the front,and some peaple were not allowed on with a bgw but again depended on when you went on and who was at the gate :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The TÜV Approval only applies to German Cars. You crazy Brits with missing headlights, side exit exhaust and a jet turbine in your Trunk can do as before :p

Marc

·
Registered
509 Posts
The TÜV Approval only applies to German Cars. You crazy Brits with missing headlights, side exit exhaust and a jet turbine in your Trunk can do as before :p

Marc
hey 2 out of three on that list were ours when we were there mate :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
:D Already thought so!

It's a one way German Road, so some Rules apply. People need to realize this, it's not a pure Racetrack at all. So keep your Jet Turbines at home please :smokin:

Marc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts