Votes: 51 23.9%
  • Not voting

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
281 - 300 of 688 Posts

·
Administrator
31,485 Posts
Wow I've been hammered ALL day so far since I voted to Leave... the short sightedness of people is quite astounding as now we can open up more deals and do a lot more!

When asked if anyone I knew would "join" the EU as it is now I don't think any of them said yes, so why the hell did they all vote remain?!

Looking forward to seeing the progress of this, even though i'll be living on the other side of the world :(
Someone said to me "Why did you vote leave, I thought you were intelligent"

Classy.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I really can't understand how people who want democracy can fall out with friends/colleagues over this.

Knobs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
IS there any concrete arguments in the UK leaving the EU?

from what I've seen its been lies, up-in-the-air wishful thinking and optimistic speculation...

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
That may be so, but what were the reasons for staying?
Are you that happy with how things are?
Are you in a position where staying keeps the status quo?
Are you in a position where things are so shit that the only way is up?

I still haven't seen arguments for leaving other than immigration and look forward to seeing the manifesto when it comes.

Regardless of how you voted, the decision has been made and democracy demands we accept and make this work.

At least, that is what I think democratic society is or should be.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
IS there any concrete arguments in the UK leaving the EU?

from what I've seen its been lies, up-in-the-air wishful thinking and optimistic speculation...
Not really wishing to go too deep into this but:
1. IF you think immigration is an issue, then leaving the EU will allow the UK to decide how many migrants to accept and where they come from.
2. IF you believe that the Euro is a disaster and the EU has failed to address fundamental structural problems with reference to the Mediterranean Economies being a basket case with huge unemployment linked to fiscal Union.
3. IF you think the £10bn (lets agree that's roughly the figure) a year we send net should not be used to build airports and motorways in Poland
4. IF you think we should have control of our own fishing stocks without being forced to share them across EU nations fleets (my father is a fisherman who has had catch restrictions imposed by the EU)

Then you would have compelling reasons to vote leave.

It's a personal perspective though, you might look at those points differently and come to different conclusions (dont mind imigration/euro success and spain/italy/greece dissaster anyway/£10bn well spent in poland/happy to share fish) but the above is factually substantiated.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,104 Posts
Just watched an interview with a German politician who says all members states should be given referendums to revert the EU to a collection of Sovereign states with trade agreements and to give up on the ESU concept.
Yes, that's a good idea. What could we call it ? I know, we could call it "The Common Market" !

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
I have a Malaysian mate in work who voted IN, I've told him his days are numbered now we are OUT, and that the OUT hitsquad, will be round his house at 3am tomorrow to deport him.... :chuckle:

Ohh, and told my Scottish workmate he's getting deported as well, We've bought a leaving card for him, just signing it now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Goodbye to the Euro more like. The pound will bounce back before the end of the day.

Just watched an interview with a German politician who says all members states should be given referendums to revert the EU to a collection of Sovereign states with trade agreements and to give up on the ESU concept.

We've definitely made some waves today. Love it.

Mike
Go check the chart bro, if anything is bouncing then its the euro!

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Attached is some comments from my friends FB account - we both couldn't believe just how pathetic they were.

With stupid c**ts like that I know I did the right thing in voting OUT.

Morons.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Brussels will make it as painful and as quick as possible "our exit" so our disease wont spread to other EU states

the pound is going down for a long while with a lot of traders leaving London to Euro-land. A work colleague wife works in the city and the bank is taking quick action to move stuff out of London, staff and money. Like them or hate them its going to cost us jobs and cost of diving is going up with banking sector shrinking for how long is the issue.....

·
Following EJH#25
6,838 Posts
Like them or hate them its going to cost us jobs and cost of diving is going up with banking sector shrinking for how long is the issue.....
Sounds like they're going to charge for the air you breathe if the cost of diving is going up :D

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I agree with Trev.

If you're struggling with the benefit of quitting the EU,

Sovereignty - "The authority of a state to govern itself".

Isn't this the fundamental crux? How can we give up the hard won democracy that so many have died for? The very fact that we went to the ballots with a little piece of paper to cast our vote and excercise our democratic will, and yet 48% of the country went in there to give up their right to self governance, beggars belief.

You cannot in this day and age, rule people with control and fear. The government work for and represent the will of the people. The people don't work for or represent the will of the European Commission. The more abuse and vitriol I come across from 'Brexhaters' the happier I feel in voting as I did and evidently the majority of the UK, in the face of doomesday prophecies and despite all the scaremongering, the British public dug their heels in and stood up for what is right. Something that has defined the British legacy for centuries!

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
If London becomes a haven for money outside of the Eurozone the banks will soon change their mind. It's not just the exit, it's the policies the government make afterwards. Companies will go where they can make most money, period. At the moment it looks like Europe, but if it looks like London they'll be back. They don't care for one or the other.

281 - 300 of 688 Posts