GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right. I have decided to ask what I'm sure has been a very repetitive question but what the heck.

Q: Does size really matter?

But seriously...

After listening to Cem's and Alex's car I've decided to do the following and I'm looking for some advice/ideas. The car is currently too quiet and lacks a real sense of urgency above 170 ;)

I'm going to change the following and would like some advice. New exhaust, down pipes, a panel air filter and a boost controller.

Exhaust: No real criteria here apart from it’s got to sound like the dogs conkers. Noise is good!!! Does anybody have any pics of these actually on a car?

Blitz
Nismo
Mines
HKS

Down pipe: I suppose it really depends on the exhaust but the Trust item seems to be the way most people go.

Panel air filter: ? - no idea.

Boost Controller: Only really know of these two.

HKS
Blitz

All comments gratefully received.

Thanks,
Howsie

PS. Also thinking about 2xHKS SSBV as I like the sound of them.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
If you want to go for a different exhaust then the Nismo one is probably best. All the others just look like dirty great shiny pipes. on't forget noise may be an issue for some track days.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Noisy exhaust

You'll get some conflicting views, but I changed my HKS super dragger for an HKS Hiper, largely on the grounds that the latter is obscenely noisy, and i have not been disappointed. It is an awesome sound and Abbey supplied the relevant can to make me legal for certain track days. As fuggles said - it just looks like a dirty great big shiuny pipe:smokin:
sammy

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
the HKS super dragger comes straight out the hyper is at an angle.

the de cat pipe makes a significant difference in the mid range noise, I am running the CAT at the moment as I have just had an MOT and needed it on for emmisions.

here is a piccy of the super dragger....

Steve

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you gentlemen!

Anybody using a Mines, Blitz or Trust exhaust?

I'm realiably informed that the Hiper flows so freely that a restrictor is needed. Can this be controlled with a boost control thingy such as HKS EVC?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am suprised Dino hasn't already mentioned this: ;)

If money is no object the Mines Titan is the one to go for.

This exhaust looks the dogs, and apparently due to it's titanium construction has a unique sound all of it's own. At over £2K it's a bit expensive, but by all accounts it is the daddy of all exhausts.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Agree with simon on this. Mine's exhausts are pretty much the best sounding IMO, titanium is the bollox but I settled for stainless steel one and am very happy with it. Very unique sound...or should I say music!!:D

:smokin:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again.

I've heard the mines exhaust on one of Shin's cars and it did sound the fookin good.

DCD, do you have any pics of your car with it on?

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt

Right, thats that then. Mines pipe.

Nice car/site DCD!

What was that you were pointing to in the engine bay?

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back

Welcome back Cem! How was the ring :)eek: ) ?

When is a good time to call?

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sleeping

Sorry Cem, have to be tucked up in bed before 10pm. ;) <= Half asleep.

I'll try and catch you next week as I'm off on a stag weekend tomorrow morning to Amsterdam :smokin:

Great pictures btw. When's the vid going to be up?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
It's worth noting that the Titanium system should end up a wonderful purpl'y / blue'ish / gold'ish / alloy'y shade when it has been suitably heated. :cool:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who touched my car.

I must admit the ti looks cool but then 2k in my bank account looks much cooler to the missus.

I'm listed as mildly tuned... how did that happen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts