GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 17th of September I attended Santa pod for a FREE day of racing organised by Fueltopia (Fueltopia - Vado ocius ~ to be fast)
An American cop, Lt.Tom Brown from Texas, was flown over to race anyone willing on the drag strip in a Subaru Impreza which was decalled to look like an American police car, red and blue flashers included in the make-over :D

The day was covered by various parts of the media to mark the UK release of the new Fast and furious film and was a take on the US version of "beat the heat", where police try to get drag racers onto legal strips and off the streets.

Here are a few pictures from the day......... (credits to Adi Taylor from Fueltopia)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
....and a quick video which goes with the last picture. You can hear my diff whining itself to death :D

33 vs 33 - Fueltopia

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran a new PB of 11.76 on the day. I pretty much ran 11.8/11.9 most of the day :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Had a great day too, good to meet up with Cliff and other guys off the Forum. There were 3 R-35 GT-R there.

Also did a personal best in my standard car, just ECU tune, of 11.05 at 124.79 MPH. Both the other R-35 with various hardware mods ran in the 10's for the first time.

Here's a vid of my car running against Ben's.

YouTube - GTC Titan santa pod 10.9

Rich

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Dam it you do find some good days out for your 33 matey :thumbsup:
That's because I use Fueltopia :D They always seem to have very different events and a buzz around their community, you should get yourself on there :)

So who won out of the two R33's?
Well, he beat me across the line by 8/100ths of a second but I ran an 11.8 compared to his 12. I was well pleased considering he has GT2540s and I'm still on the ceramics. The video is above too :D
In fairness to Nathan in the other lane, he ran a PB of 11.5 that same day which beat mine :)

Or if you mean the other white 33 (GTST), I won that :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a great day too, good to meet up with Cliff and other guys off the Forum. There were 3 R-35 GT-R there.

Also did a personal best in my standard car, just ECU tune, of 11.05 at 124.79 MPH. Both the other R-35 with various hardware mods ran in the 10's for the first time.
Very nice to meet you Rich, a stunning car you have too :) Unbelievable "out of the box" 1/4 mile times that thing puts in, most impressed :)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cliff - I've got a couple of shots of your car on the strip, will get them up asap! :thumbsup:
Ah great :D Post them up on here for me Jon when you sort them :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.