GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Trend has run the GT/R against the 911 Turbo S and the Chevrolet Z28 and the GT/R finished last and the Camaro first....
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. Porsche 911 Turbo S vs. Nissan GT-R Comparison - Motor Trend

and video here:
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition! - Head 2 Head Ep. 52 - YouTube

Hmm GT/R is slower than a Z28....?
The Z28 is indeed quick, it is a track focused car. The brakes is carbon brakes. The tires are Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R. And there is a single one loudspeaker in the Z28 in order to save weight.
GT/R and Turbo S are both standard version.
But still one impressing Camaro.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Always loved the Camaro.

Z28 is looking especially nice, will they be released in the u.k?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Perhaps Nissan should take note of what a track edition means: full Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, proper Recaro seats, trick suspension dampers and track tyres for $40k less than the GT-R track pack.

Comment about not using a Hoover for a sound track was apt. Super sticky tyres making the difference on track but fair enough in this comparison.

Protegimus

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think the difference in lap time is purely down to the tyres and brakes, suspect if the gtr had them too it would of been a couple of seconds quicker.

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you read the fine print of the article, it seems like they did cater to GM as the time was initially slower. They attributed it to incorrect tire pressure and allowed the Camaro to go out and run again.

Also they ran the GT-R first when the track was still a bit damp.

Regardless, GM made a pretty impressive upgrade for the Camaro. Agree that a GT-R track pack should be lighter with the tires and brakes to match!

Also this article made me feel super reassured that what I was feeling was real with the upgrade I did to my brakes to the GM carbon ceramic rotors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the question is can we get the camaro brakes on the gtr? and how much?
that's basically what I am running now. The corvette Zr1 carbon brakes on my GTR.

The rotors you can order direct from GM.

The part numbers are:
Part Number 22805790
Part Number 22805791

goto gmpartsdirect.com and enter the part number and you will be surprised how cheap the rotors are. Then all you need are the custom hats, which Doug at Weapons Grade performance sells.

Gives you a cheap way into carbon brakes. Best part is when you replace them, its still super cheap.

I did a long thread on GTRheritage on different pad types too. If you wanted to go super inexpensive, you could run the stock GM ZR1 pads which I just did at COTA....though they don't last that long.

As soon as I have enough posts I'll try to post some links but you can find most of the info on the other GTR forum. I will say fitment is a bit tough on the kit and Jotech had to massage it a bit. Doug is suppose to be coming out with version 2 which makes it a bit better.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I'm sure many would be interested if you could put a ceramic disc/rotors and pads price together :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
$10,750 for the kit according to the website :nervous:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The biggest issue I have had are with pads. With the GT-R and the weight, the stock GM pads are just ok.

I would compare them to the Pagids. The Endless W007 seem to be the best and last the longest. Just the expense and lead time to order them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
let's see if this works.

Here is a video of the brakes as I was trying to see if the rotors were overheating. This is the day I did some brake temp checking

dammit. I need 15 posts to post links.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I lived in the UK for 10wks when I was in training. We had to rotate thru the hospital in the Wirral. Enjoyed my time there.

Recently did the coast to coast mt bike ride starting from the lake's district. That was tough. And the summer time weather still had rain coming at us sideways!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts