GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now fitted with some of our new Carbon Aero in prototype forum. The front spoiler is Autoselect.

GT1 Bonnet, planning two versions. One with rain guide suitable for everyday road use. And another for pure race

Bonnet Weights less than 4.8 kg ! and is serious strong. Also took the effort to make carbon air guides.

OEM is 12kg

Needs to be seen in the flesh to appreciate. Really aggressive, wouldn’t look out of place on a Gundam machine

We also have a full carbon trunk, stunning full carbon rear wing (which in my opinion this is the wing that should have been sold with the R35, i hate the oem one)

Carbon grill, side skirts, rear. also have carbon canards, brake guide and rear fins in the works.

The Carbon aero will be available soon and rest assured will do our best to avoid GTR tax aka Amuse, our wing is ALL carbon and 1/2 the price.

Titanium running all the way to the turbo's. sounds something else.

Huge Forge Intercooler and larger diameter pipe work, proven torque gain on dyno (Will do seperate post on this asap).

More updates soon

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
That bonnet is stupidly aggresive! It looks stunning!

Please forgive my ignorance, I have no idea about CF, but why isit that the bonnet doesn't have the same shiney look at the skirts/front splitter?

Thanks, Liam.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That bonnet is stupidly aggresive! It looks stunning!

Please forgive my ignorance, I have no idea about CF, but why isit that the bonnet doesn't have the same shiney look at the skirts/front splitter?

Thanks, Liam.
Good question!

That would be because it is "Dry Carbon," very sexy!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Put clear lacquer over it, and it'll be shiney just as the other items!

·
6,817 Posts
Looks stunning and probably the most agressive, yet decent kitted R35 GTR I have seen . . . what makes me laugh is that it has to be a british company to show the japanese muppets how to build a proper Gundam like monster R35 . . ;):p

By the way Ben, how would that massive rear wing suit an R34 GTR? How wide is it actually?

Again stunning car:clap:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks stunning and probably the most agressive, yet decent kitted R35 GTR I have seen . . . what makes me laugh is that it has to be a british company to show the japanese muppets how to build a proper Gundam like monster R35 . . ;):p

By the way Ben, how would that massive rear wing suit an R34 GTR? How wide is it actually?

Again stunning car:clap:

Hey Chris, thanks. That's praise indeed, i know how much your into your Skyline/GTR aero. Looks even better in the flesh.

aw sorry this Wing was made specifically for the 35 with exact fit diamentions, its not a universal job, don't think R34 fit is an option :p

Yup as Virdee says, just different types of finish; Matt and Laqu. Just prototype stage at mo, will be coming off.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
stunning but for me the wheels look a little lost in them arches and they could do with a bit more of a dish too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Looks superb Ben :thumbsup: What sort of combined weight saving are you seeing with all that carbonsex fitted?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bonnet Weights less than 4.8 kg !
OEM is 12kg

GTC Trunk 2.5kg
OEM 7.8 kg

GTC Wing 2kg
OEM 2.5kg

Obviously the front and rear wings don't have amazing weight saving but superior downforce and looks

Yes rear wing can also fit OEM trunk. it will fit in the oem holes, BUT you will be left with a hole in the centre !

some of you old skool guys might know a guy called Meiers. He works at Redbull GP in Milton Keynes, in the carbon composite department. He doesn't make this for us, as he's not allowed but he's seen it in the flesh and said its very good and near F1 quality. Not bad given those wings cost 80k !

I hear you about the tires, i'm trying to get a set of Toyo R888's with wider width and height.

I love the Enkei's weigh less than the oem lead weights.

·
6,817 Posts
aw sorry this Wing was made specifically for the 35 with exact fit diamentions, its not a universal job, don't think R34 fit is an option :p
Streight fitting would be asked too much . .lol:p, what I thought about is basicly if the spoiler is wider then the wide of the R34 GTR rear? Putting new holes and covering the old ones is obvious, thought is the R35 GTR trunk curved??, so that the spoiler feets wouldn't match the streight R34 trunk surface?

Other then that , Ben, what makes me wonder until now with R35 Aero , is that nobody offers new front fenders with bigger air outlets . . . . breaks and other parts get very hot on a track and the R35 GTR could need in any case a bigger air circulation in the front, directed out through bigger fender outlets. (sunline racing wide body R34 GTR wise)

Dry carbon is the nuts, looks even better with a big amount of clear lacker on it.:cool:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Very impressed Ben, quality looks awesome. And your right about the rear wing, suits the lines so well. Be interested to see one body coloured.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Thank fcuk !

Finally .
A thread on the 35 side we can relate to. :runaway:
Well its all been..... Ive got mine, Ive had it polished,
Warranties and car mats or rusty discs ! :p
This is more like it ! ;)
Looks like the skyline tax is still there though !
Welcome to the super affluent amongst us now ! :bowdown1::bowdown1:
Unless you are W<>Bankers ? :runaway:
who should be driving skoda van/cars or an Aygo!
According to Clarkson
:smokin:
More please.
cokey

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally .
A thread on the 35 side we can relate to. :runaway:
Well its all been..... Ive got mine, Ive had it polished,
Warranties and car mats or rusty discs ! :p
This is more like it ! ;)
Looks like the skyline tax is still there though !
Welcome to the super affluent amongst us now ! :bowdown1::bowdown1:
Unless you are W<>Bankers ? :runaway:
who should be driving skoda van/cars or an Aygo!
According to Clarkson
:smokin:
More please.
cokey
hahahah, you missed out does a baby seat fit in the back thread

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm so glad that there are people pushing the boundaries like this - this is real dedication and a joy to follow.
I mean, all that effort and you've saved how many kilos!?

Though there are some GTR owners who could acheive the same performance increase just by missing a few breakfasts!!

I'm afraid my car is staying as Nissan intended it until the warranty runs out, the kids get too big for the back or I can afford to relegate it to a plaything and get another car. In ther meantime the fact that it's "related" to this monster is enough to keep me smiling.

Keep up the good work and fascinating posts Ben!

·
Registered
885 Posts
The R35 is an amazing car,but I think this R35 is just a tad ott now,I dont think it looks well with the wing and all the add on bits.

Sorry,but just a tad ott for my liking.
Respect for doing it though,brave man.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts