GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah i was thinking the GTR wasn't that far behind.
I'd take the GTR and leave the money in the bank.

Do we know if they were modified cars?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't believe the Veyron is so slow actually. Over 10 seconds! ;)
The Veyron actually does the ¼ in 10 sec dead. But in Veyron's case that's the point at which it actually wakes up and picks up speed.

This comparison in fact tells you how great the GTR really is.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Even if he was asleep, I think it's timed from when the car starts moving.

Before then it's just a crap reaction time isn't it?
Times wouldn't have changed but the result could have been a lot closer. You can win a proper drag race even with a slower time if you can beat the other guy on reaction times... a good driver in an 11.00 second car will beat an inexperienced driver in a 10.5s car everytime.. Pro reaction times can be in the .001s

just commenting.. Nice vid.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The difference between 10.1 and 10.9 is a lot bigger than what it seems.

GTR is doing 125mph in 10.9
Veyron is doing 139mph in 10.1

Give the Veyron the same 10.9secs the GTR had and its matching speed would be about 150mph. (125 vs 150) As said, Veyron just comes alive at 150, it is incredible north of that.

Still though, 10.9 from the GTR is not to be sniffed at, very quick car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is it really............Well I think the price difference is a lot lot lot bigger than what it seems, how you can even compare the 2 cars is crazy, simply ridiculous.
The GTR redefines performance in motoring history........wow a million pound car beat is down the drag strip, where are the modded Veyrons running in the 8s at nearly 170mph???!!???

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts

GTR is doing 125mph in 10.9
Veyron is doing 139mph in 10.1

Give the Veyron the same 10.9secs the GTR had and its matching speed would be about 150mph. (125 vs 150) As said, Veyron just comes alive at 150, it is incredible north of that.

Still though, 10.9 from the GTR is not to be sniffed at, very quick car:thumbsup:
Are you going to be at Santa Pod on the 25th March?
Not sure which TT forum member you are, I'm sure you know which one I am. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
To get a real idea of the Veryon's epic performance you need to do a standing 1/2 mile or, even better, a full mile. After 1/4 mile its barely getting into its stride! The difference in 0-190mph times would be enough to boil an egg!

·
Registered
930 Posts
To get a real idea of the Veryon's epic performance you need to do a standing 1/2 mile or, even better, a full mile. After 1/4 mile its barely getting into its stride! The difference in 0-190mph times would be enough to boil an egg!
I'm sure that will provide the veyron owner with a lot of comfort next time he runs against a stage 2 GTR and has his pants pulled down :runaway:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
So what we are saying is the Veyron is miles better and justifies it's price (almost) provided it's a very long straight road.
On a track or 1/4 mile etc... it's just a very fancy car but not actually justifying it's price? other than pose value.

:nervous:

·
Registered
930 Posts
So what we are saying is the Veyron is miles better and justifies it's price (almost) provided it's a very long straight road.
On a track or 1/4 mile etc... it's just a very fancy car but not actually justifying it's price? other than pose value.

:nervous:
Yep pretty much!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
for the GTR to compete it needs about 850-950HP. the one in the vid did get a late start but the way it lost looks like a 580-630hp car.

Bugatti Veyron vs Nissan GTR - YouTube

Bugatti Veyron vs Nissan GT-R P800 - YouTube

had to add this too:

GT-R vs Veyron - YouTube

Anything under 800hp is worth comparing because the bugatti will eat it up.

Being a GTR owner I know I'm bias but even if I was super rich I wouldnt buy a bugatti (unless im thinking about an investment) Technically it might be excellent but £1mil is too much = could buy you 5-7 TOP cars.

I want to experience driving one but just not that badly where I would pay the premium. Rent one for a day or two - defo (again if I could afford to do this!)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts