GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Awesome sight at the Hopper....anyone count how many Skylines were there in the end ?

I got a fair few snaps, so if they come out OK, i'll pass them on to Joss to put on the register.

Sorry i couldn't stay longer...would like to have stayed and had a chat some more but i had to get back.

Finally, I'd like to wish you all a great Christmas, and i'll see you all soon.

Drive safe
Daz

PS I'll be phoning the Bolney stage soon about another meet...hope to see as many of you at the next one as possible.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hmm, lots of em

It was good to meet up with a few of you today, and pic up some info on the cars. Maybe next time Ill be able to join in with the right vehicle.

I also want to thank Steve for taking me out in his car, a big experience compared to my Pulsar :D

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Excellent gathering!

Couldn't agree more chaps, an excellent meet with a great turn out, I think there were 34 Skylines and 7 to 8 other Japenese rockets there in the end. Good to see Henry and Stu with there new toys fresh from Garys. Also good to see the rather secretive Paul and his recently purchased 34. A big thank you to Shin for attending and flying a very carbon fibred/titaniumed flag for MINES.

Richard great idea the name tags certainly made it all a bit easier.

I have returned home wanted a few ARC bits like Henry (Tim SVS I'll be on to you in the new year) and steel turbos are my next move (Yes Mark ABBEY I will be giving you a calll in the new year!). A final thank you to Glen for taking the baby from me as it were and making it a great day.

Merry Christmas see you next year....Ian

:D

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Many thank to our new catering manager for the coming year GLEN :p
Once again food (and company) was excelent at the grasshopper.
Wishing you all a GREAT XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :D
Best regards Alan & Andrea

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Agreed, a fantastic meet. Although I have to say I am always happy after coming away from a GTR organised social event :)

Shins car is the highlight of the day though (no, not the Smart car, although he had no problems keeping up with us on the way home :D ). A fully carboned up Mines demo car which was an absolute monster and left a staggering mark on me.

I have some great pics which will be going up on my site very soon.

Thanks a lot to all the organisors and it was great to again put names to faces. A great bunch of folks, was a pleasure being there.

Cem

p.s. My name is pronounced Jem )
p.p.s Richard, sorry mate, I completely goofed on the way home and didnt think that you'd be turning off a junction or two later :( Alex told me after.
p.p.p.s I shall be doing a N London thing soon, keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Top Day, Top People

Great turn out. 35 Skylines in all :D which I think is superb for a December day. And what a day. The sun was shining up until 4pm.

As usual GT-ART got us in trouble again. If it ain't Henry its bloody Gary :rolleyes: , but what the hell we ain't ever gonna grow up :) .

It was good to see old faces and also a few new ones. Those name tags worked a treat. Don't forget to bring 'em next time. Kidding. Thanks for them Richard.

Everyone gets on so well and to see the various Skylines in various states of tune/looks was a pleasure.

Next year is surely gonna bring out some monster cars so can't wait for the top speed and 1/4 mile runs.

To finish I think we have got a great thing going here and can only see us having some real blinding fun in 2002.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year one and all.

Keep well.

Bye for now.

glen

ps. I was more than happy to arrange the Grasshopper but remember it is all of us that make the day. But keep saying thanks 'cause I love it. C YA.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'm home!

Hi there,

I really enjoyed today's meet.
Nice cars, nice people, nice weather, and nice food!:)
And to be honest, this is the first day for me to drive our demo-car in England.
I took around to test drive for some people, but I could not manage to drive well on the road because I had almost forgotten how to drive Skylines.:( .
Anyway, I enjoyed very much and it was my pleasure to talk with the members.
Only the shame, I could not talk with Mr Guy today.
I will come back to Tokyo from tomorrow to 4th January.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!
I look forward to seeing you and my car again next year.
I hope Rob will take care of my car well during my absence.

Finally, thank you Cem for sending me off to Heathlow tomorrow.

P.S. Would you please send me photos you took today?
I forgot to bring my camera today even though I charged the battery last night.:(

Yours sincerely,
Shin

·
Registered
994 Posts
Happy Hopper

If next year is as good as this year has been then us Skyline owners are in for a treat! Things can only get better.

**************AWESOME******************

Happy Xmas & a Happy New Year,

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
MEETING

Yup another excellent meet .
Good to see everyone again but never seemed to have had enough time to meet everyone.Understandable, I guess judging by the amount of cars/people.

It seems our 'little' club is to be getting bigger and merrier(?) by the week with more new faces/cars at every meet.

Just wanted to shout a big thank you to Shin,Mark and Gary for taking me for spin in their cars.Awesome:cool: .Also to everyone who organised the meet .That Mines car is something else......Does anybody wanna buy my Flat?.

Roll on next year with more meets,trackdays and God knows what else.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Great Day

Really enjoyed today.

Thanks to Gary for the fly past rides in the beast and to everyone I spoke to about "Tuning Stuff".

Shins car picks up so quickly due to the fly wheel and Carbon prop (got me thinking again :) ) and I was surprised that the intake was standard?? Shin says it flows enough air and I believe him!!

2002 here we come:smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Today at the Grasshopper

Ditto to all of the above comments really !!

Yet again, the Grasshopper meet was another great success, great people, amazing cars and good weather (for December anyway !) what more could us Skyline addicts want (apart from more money of course !).

Good to see so many new faces and meeting up with the others we already know.

Many thanks to all the people who turned up at the little meet I organised just off of J28 on the M25 to run down to the hopper ! what an awesome sight of 7 Skylines in convoy on the M25, the looks on peoples faces was great as we was going past ! & Shin, the flames coming out of you exhaust looked excellent, I lost count of them in the end there were so many !!

I actually feel a little releaved now as I don't have to keep Paul's R34 a secret anymore, I have known about that for a little while now but was sworn to secrecy !!!

Anyway, what a great year it has been, 2002 looks as if it is going to be better already (espically if I get my GT-R then eh Glen !!!!), so have a great christmas & a very prosperous new year everyone & I look forward to meeting you in 2002.

Take care & drive safely.

Shaun.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Excellent Day

cheers to everyone. Was worth the 360 mile round trip with the car playing up again. Funny though, the car was fine on the way home. Managed to pull out on a micra when leaving...doh, don't usually boot it with a cold engine:(
Still my dad enjoyed himself (though he found it a bit cold..he is 79). I seemed to get everyones names right this time;) ,cheers Richard.
the standard of the cars keeps getting better....perhaps we could have big centre stage showings at billing and trax next year rather than scattered round the edge.
Finally have got to say that shin was younger than I expected, but his age is on his profile!
Merry xmas everyone.
DaveW&HaroldW

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It sounds like all of you had a very nice time at the hopper:)
I just wish I could have been there but seeming as though I am about 4 hours drive away from the hopper I could not go:(
I will come when I have my own skyline though.
Regards
-Elliot

·
Registered
168 Posts
Grasshopper

Hi Guys

Another great meet. Good to see you all and meet a few new faces & their cars. Nice to see some GTS's as well. Thanks Jamie for the wake up call down the M25!! Thaks Glen for organising it all.

Happy Christmas one & all.

Rgds Ian W

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Skyline - simply the best!

Dave,

Yes, your 'pulling out on the Micra incident' - we all saw from the car park! It looked funny, like when she hooted that made you jump! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your Dad enjoyed himself - what I would give to be able to attend Skyline meets when I'm 79 too! Cars like these will probably be banned by then! Enjoy them while we can!

No probs with the name tags, I'll try and make them better next time! (And remember to print them all!)

Yes, I was totally impressed with the cars, the weather, the pub grub and most significantly the people that were there! 2002 is going to be a very exciting year for Skyline owners.

It is great that companies like Abbey, GT-ART and especially Shin from ProSpec Motorsport are dedicating so much to Skylines from now on. I think it's amazing that Shin has decided to come over from Japan to serve the Skyline community - I know it's a business but it still takes a lot of investment as Skylines are a niche market.

From first acquaintance I was mightily impressed with his English language ability and his day old demo car but what blew me was his depth of tuning/setup knowledge which obviously comes from extensive experience! A veritable GTR guru! We're lucky to have him over here! (By the way, I haven't been paid to say this! - I just witnessed a number of very interesting conversations at the meet yesterday.)

Well, that's all for this year but next year, wow, I just don't know where it's going to be with respect to Skylines - I just hope the tuning 'game' matures slowly and reliably - we don't want to tarnish the GTRs with the same brush as used in the Scooby tuning arena - the Skyline deserves to retain the best tuning reputation that it's had for years.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Can't wait to do it all again next year!

Rich. :eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
STILL SMILING...

Glen/Ian,

Thanx for such a fantastic day:D . Was great to see everyone there...what a sight. Would have been an quick journey home if i hadn't joined the wrong side of the M25:eek: and ti was going so well!!

But what can i say....I'm still grining from ear to ear:D

Merry christmas everyone and a happy New year!!!

p.s. Ian s according to my R33 manual which sant brought today you need to remove the flare casing. Then remove the end tape accros the strike zone and stroke the end of the flare with the end of teh case to start the flare!
p.p.s Nice R34 Paul!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pictures

If anyone who attended the Hopper this Sat took a picture of my engine (Sparkling GT-aRT GTS-turbo), I would REALLY appreciate it if you could email it to me as i'd like to change my avatar:D

Thanx in advance:)

Stu

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Avater

Cheers mate.

Your car was 'pukka' as we say in Essex:) .

I was dying for a spin in it .Maybe next time?

Definitely agree about changing your Avatar now that your car is sorted:D .

MERRY XMAS

1 - 20 of 32 Posts