GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
I disagree with that view point. When the R32 GTR was launched it had the best technology for its time. HICAS, 4WD system ect ect.

I am a big fan of the R32, in my opinion its the best one.

But I think the GTR is an iconic car. Nissan has shown the world that you dont need 100k to own a supercar.

I personally think the R33 got too fat and round, but thats my personal opinion.

Anyway, lets all love the 3 letter badge. GTR

:smokin:
great post :clap:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
:chuckle: "m8" is not a real word!

It has become completely commonplace to say "I could of" instead of "I could have" or "I could've" nowadays.

I also think some people need to look up the meaning of "literally", as in "I literally laughed my head off". Really? Your head fell off? How did you manage to type that then? :runaway:

Back on topic, I'm surprised Amar hasn't popped on here to comment.

Not saying i agree - although far from qualified to disagree either but

Sadly, Jamie Redknapp is literally correct – Telegraph Blogs

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Off topic I know but I can't stand it when people say 'pacific' rather than 'specific'. Even the BBC news presenters do it, gah!!!

On topic, if I were a multi-millionaire I might take SVM up on that offer, simply because I could. Perhaps they'll find one.:chuckle:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Off topic I know but I can't stand it when people say 'pacific' rather than 'specific'. Even the BBC news presenters do it, gah!!!

On topic, if I were a multi-millionaire I might take SVM up on that offer, simply because I could. Perhaps they'll find one.:chuckle:
I was told recently about a guy that walked in to an HPC with £100k and said i want a GTR and can you to make it go faster than stock........so there are some people like that about still!

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Not saying i agree - although far from qualified to disagree either but

Sadly, Jamie Redknapp is literally correct – Telegraph Blogs
Interesting. Every day's a school day! I literally doth my cap to you. ;)

Re the Hulk, good luck with the sale, but I can't imagine many people paying a £50k holding deposit when the final spec, performance or even delivery condition has yet to be ascertained.

Selling it when done and dusted, sure. Happens to most project cars (although most owners know they won't get back even a fraction of the cost of their mods! :chuckle: ).

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
if a bbc news presenter said pacific I would write in and complain. That's shocking.

It made me laugh when someone corrected me when I correctly used the term "you and me". It's another annoying one where people assume it should always be corrected to "you and I" regardless of the case.

There's quite a few of these, it's and its, and my other major gripe is "different to".

These really big me,but as I said, you just have to accept that it's the way the country has gone.

It pains me that you can go on Nagtroc and you get nothing like the low standard of grammar.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ams has done 233mph on a standing mile. They did 218mph on a rolling mile. I don't care that it was raining when they did it. It makes no difference to the fact that ams is faster. Also, physics say that on a rolling mile ams should break their own record so if they ran the same format as SVM they should go faster again.

SVM won't beat ams any time soon. They are miles behind power wise, not that that matters as the car never seems to turn a while in anger so they aren't going to beat anyone.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
It was the worlds fastest, and they say it will be again before it is sold, so not entirely a miss sell. It should really say former world's fastest and qualify it some how eg. over a mile average of runs in two directions etc.

I am really surprised no one from SVM has commented yet.

Does seem odd to be selling, especially prior to completing its mission.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
It was the worlds fastest, and they say it will be again before it is sold, so not entirely a miss sell. It should really say former world's fastest and qualify it some how eg. over a mile average of runs in two directions etc.

I am really surprised no one from SVM has commented yet.

Does seem odd to be selling, especially prior to completing its mission.
They might want the reasurance that its sold for a certain price before spending more money on it.

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Chaps can I remind everyone that rumours and inuendo are actually quite damaging. So lets keep to the facts. It's up to them if they want to put it up for sale. Keep the wild speculative stabs to a minimum please else we'll be dumping this thread.

81 - 100 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.