1. Miguel
2. DCD
3. Bean

as for me, I have a work commitment I can not get out of, really
sorry I will miss out on all the fun. Please take plenty of pics for
all of us that cannot attend :(
For those that did not go last time, you MUST go, it is well worth
it. I had the time of my life and then the ride a long with Miguel
really made my day. I wish you guys the best time for next month.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Would making it on the 6th November make it any easier for people?

We've got a certain 19 cars arriving to Japan on 9th November, so 13th would usually be a very busy day for me. I could do 6th.

If this is better for people, let us know!

Miguel.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
6th is too early for me.....13, 14, 20 or 21 is OK

Miguel - if you need any help with those 19 - you know my number :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I can't do 21st November and 28th Nvember's getting colder, so best we stick to 13th Nov.

So far we have:

1. DCD
2. Nick M
3. Bean
4. Miguel

Put your name down if you're in!

Miguel.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
November is bad for me - I'm travelling. Will have to pass on this one. Hook up plenty of photos!

Cya O!

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Spent all day yesterday at the Turnpike with an Evo 9 MR and a highly tuned 350Z. Had another superb day, only downside I managed to get kicked out by the Turnpike Patrol that called the police on me because I was driving too fast LOL :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
There was a helicopter shadowing us for a while last Monday. Difficult to tell, but it had a fluorescent pink stripe that I've seen on police helis before. There were also signs in Japanese saying, 'No rolling tribe". It set me thinking that maybe we should not go in convoy through the toll gates as they might have called the cops. They'll probably remember us next time. Especially as some of us complained gently at having to pay the full return toll even though we had only gone half-way, stopped for lunch, and returned. The old chappie in the toll-booth shrugged his shoulders and said, "No good getting angry with me. What can I say? I don't make the rules."

Might be better to actually gather at the restaurant inside, for example!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
'No rolling tribe' ?? :confused: Another Japanese expression that doesn't translate well....

We didn't exactly look inconspicuous, especially nailing it away from the toll booth up the hill....:chuckle:

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
The patrol guy was saying that they've had to be a little less leniant with what goes on at the Turnpike as there were a couple of bad crashes recently, one where 2 people died. What really p1ssed me off is this guy got all angry with me when there were tens of bikers and as many other cars there doing the same stuff I was doing, including a Caterham which was absolutely caning it around the twisties.

On top of this the Audi TT test drives were still going on as well as a Toyota and Subaru shakedown session for a few new cars....all these were ok...why? Well they paid the 3 man permission charge which buys you a full day at the Turnpike without a toothless old geezer patrol guy constantly up your @ss

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The "rolling-zoku" are groups of bikers etc, who come up at night and practice speedway, or drifting or whatever they are into. Most mountain roads in Japan are marked with scrambled skidmarks and stuffed barriers from the night-time activities... :chuckle:

rolling zoku - Yahoo! Search Results

DCD Posts crossed! :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will not, but my friend Josh should be attending with his R33 GTR.
Dino, Miguel, Bean and Hipogtr know him. Is the rally point still @
Ebina PA? I gave Josh directions on where to meet at. Also, it looks
like Gy will also be there in his R34 GTR (white, not BB). Have fun and
take more pics please.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I remember Josh from the dyno day. How about REXtreme?

That's good, 6 cars in total then....

As far as I know it's still Ebina, just need to arrange a time....

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Work is looking a bit dodgy - weekend stuff looks like it might run into Monday in which case I won't be able to make it....even though I have the day off booked. I'll post when I know for sure.

·
Registered
452 Posts
certainly not this guy either. heading to nikko on the 11th then out of the country from the 15th til the 15th of next month, so which means, missing out on nismo fest, toyota fest, drift matsuri and all those happy stuff.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
It's not looking good for me either....I will definitely try and make it but also need to sort out a strange noise coming from my front pass. suspension

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Looks like things are going pear shaped, Miguel's not sure if he can make it either.

I have the day booked off, so it's not a problem for me either way. See what happens then...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts