GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I've been there on a Tuesday and Wednesday and the Izu Skyline is almost empty. At the weekend though it looks like a car park :(
I know that it's not good for DemonDave, but for a driving trip it has to be mid week really.
With a couple of weeks notice I should be able to make any time.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Yeah - by far the best time to do something like this would be on a weekday, however with me essentially running my own business it's not really feasible to for me to take (unscheduled) time off during midweek... :(

If memory serves there are a couple of mid-week national holidays in November, but that would be no better than trying to do it on weekend!

So then...it's best if you arrange something between yourselves. If I'm able to sort something out and join you I will... :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I would do....only problem is there's no one else. I run my own school and I'm the one working there, so if I'm not there nothing gets done and all classes are cancelled. :(

I might be able to get my brother to cover one day....depends on when. But for me the most "do-able" day would be a Thursday (my lightest day in terms of workload).

ahh well, if I can make it that'd be great, but if not there's always the Nismo Festival or something similar...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Where exactly do you propose we meet up?
Would be nice to travel there as a group.
Also, what route will we travel? I can pretty
much ask for any day off so long as it is a
few days notice.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not Thursdays, please guys!!

That's USS Noda day - the largest auction of the week and so the most important day for the likes of Andy and I.

Best for Andy & I would be Monday, for sure. I can also try to get Allen and Adam to come too.

Hmm, which toy though.... The rex would be good on the Izu Skyline, I reckon, but the Hatchi would be aa blast too... The SP2 would be best!!!

Can't wait :D :D

Miguel.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
2nd or 3rd week of Oct should be the latest - It gets cold up there after that... albeit dry.

How about Monday 16th October? (9th is a holiday in Japan :( )

This could be a really, really cool day out!! Can set up some cameras in cars, etc. if Brooksie fancies making a video clip. Come to think of it - if we decide on a date soon enough, Brooksie might be here then too as he's about to book a holiday for a week to Japan.

Russ (RExtreme on here) can borrow one of the cars for the day to play with too as he arrives tommorow to Japan.
He'll hate me forever if I don't let him drive the rex on the Izu Skyline :) :D

Miguel.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
NickM - get a bullet cam, those are nice.
You can mount them anywhere. I borrowed
one a while ago and had it mounted on the
passenger side of the windshield (outside)
and I thought it was a good view/angle.

Try: ChaseCam, Your source for Video At Speed

The 16th of Oct sounds good to me, I hate
Mondays at my work, so I will have no reason
not to want to attend. Bring it on!!!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.