GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Rust is never an issue in Japan, these cars were only made for the domestic market and not well sealed or treated for UK roads and salt sprays during winter months.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I just stripped a 20yr old MR2, not a spec of rust anywhere, looked good for another 20 years TBH.

·
Vendor
12,683 Posts
She will be beautiful again Steve

·
Super Moderator
16,113 Posts
I just stripped a 20yr old MR2, not a spec of rust anywhere, looked good for another 20 years TBH.
Yep have had several uk and import mk2s, never an issue. Toyota seem more hardy than Nissan!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Salt should be banned - period!

Does it really save lives on the roads? I'd say slowing down in the snow would be better.

The above pictures are the reason my 32 will be used in warmer weather only!

·
Registered
750 Posts
They use magnesium chloride which is a lot more expensive than salt but works up to around -30 Celsius (salt works to around -12 C :D) and is anticorrosive :)

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
They use magnesium chloride which is a lot more expensive than salt but works up to around -30 Celsius (salt works to around -12 C :D) and is anticorrosive :)
That's interesting given that chlorides are salts, how can it be different to rock salt? Curious really.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Most cities in Japan are near the ocean. A couple times a year I wake up to thin layer of salt after a storm or high winds

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finished, mostly.

Just needs my 100% genuine Chinese carbon bonnet lip attaching :chuckle: and wheel paint to finish. Super thanks to Dave and Dave at The GTR Shop. Great guys. Top work as well. The car feels tighter even though it didn't feel sloppy at all before. Got to sit in the Hako as well. :bowdown1:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts