GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to acheive 500bhp on an R33... something that can be used everyday ( thinking clutch wise) but some thing that can show a clean set of rear lights to most on the track..?

Without taking anything into account of the cars set up at the moment, Also a good set of brakes to stop the thing when it all get too hairy...?

How much needs to be added / rebuilt to acheive this in a safe maner where it wont need any more work to it except fluid changes as new tyres every now and then...?

B

·
0 Posts
a single turbo (preferably a greddy T88 or T78) that will make you hit the 500hp mark easy but it would have to be single turbo since they're huge, too big too fit in the engine bay.:smokin:

·
Banned
349 Posts
So as Peter can buy mine:D

PMJ I thought you'd promissed not to ask questions that you know the answer to on the board:D You must be really bored!!!!

Anyway, hows the wife and my kids??

:) :D

Jamie.

·
Banned
349 Posts
I thought getting caught in a chain was reserved for house buyers:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
PMJ..

rob a bank!

;)

The magic 500 BHP!..Got 489 at 1.4 bar last w/e ..but the big 500 still has not been achieved. My car has been mapped/spec'd for fast raod and track use. Not for 1/4 mile, top speed, drag strip stuff. If you want the spec I can PM you.

..Ian

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bank

Ian .. I tried that.. only just got out.. any one know a good mortgage man...

Jamie... your kids are fine.. please come and get them and take them home with you:D

... missus is Ok thanks...she wants to know if you r stopping for a cuppa soon..:D

Asking as I want to be sure that i do the right thing now so i dont blow it up later... me and my extreme driving ..:eek:

Pete, I would love to buy your car so you could buy Jamies, didn't know you were selling it...? what you after for it..?

i mean proper mods.. would I need a head gasket, would the standard one let go eventually ..

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
My uneducated guess is that you'd need the following:

* The 2530s & PowerFC you already have (nice)
* 550cc+ injectors
* Step 1 cams

Not sure if you'd need an uprated head gasket or not.

Please note all of the above is just my uneducated opinion and as ever speaking to a tuner would be the best bet. Your statutory rights are not affected. Keep to the left. Do not pass "Go". Keep your hands inside the carriage at all times.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
...Some thing like.

steal Head gasket
Steel turbos
bigger injectors
bigger fuel pump
Better clutch
mappable ecu, Apexi power FC or HKS similar.
Boost controller
Hard pipe kit
Decat'd exhaust system
Bigger intercooler
Oil cooler

And some blooody great brakes to stop it once iits done!

..About £6,000 plus VAT for the bits. plus mapping time and labour charges.

I think!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Re: Bank

PMJ said:
Pete, I would love to buy your car so you could buy Jamies, didn't know you were selling it...? what you after for it..?
No, I'm not really Paul, just jesting. Would love Jamie's 34 but funds would not allow unfortunately.

As far as 500 is concerned, you'd need at minimum:

2510/2530/or whatever turbos.
550cc injectors.
Fuel pump.
Power FC and boost kit/controller.
Exhaust/intake obviously.
Decent bit of mapping.

and probably:

Step 1 cams.
IC.

You should get to 500 running lower than 1.3bar so head gasket not a necessity but would be advisable. I haven't done mine yet.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far

I have these bits

2510/2530/or whatever turbos.
Power FC and boost kit/controller. Coming from Japan for a very good price

Exhaust/intake obviously.

Step 1 cams. 264/272
Oil cooler,