GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That one is still in Australia. The one at Omori factory can be distinguished by the letter "P" in front of the number which stands for "prototype", I believe they made 2 of these. Here is one photo of the plate fm spedhunter's feature on the Nismo one.

Full article can be seen here:
Car Feature>> Nismo Z-tune - Speedhunters

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That one is still in Australia. The one at Omori factory can be distinguished by the letter "P" in front of the number which stands for "prototype", I believe they made 2 of these. Here is one photo of the plate fm spedhunter's feature on the Nismo one.

Full article can be seen here:
Car Feature>> Nismo Z-tune - Speedhunters
good knowledge :bowdown1:

so P001 (Omori) is not the same as 001 (Australia)

therefore we have 19 + 2 to catalogue - Is that correct?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Or maybe they wanted to do copy the Ferrari Production Method where they aim to produce e.g 250 amount of cars less 1... (so 249-I'm sure I heard something like that on Top Gear years ago).
It's what Ferrari say ;). But in reality it's a different story. For the F50 they said they would make 349 (1 less than they thought they could sell), but there are around 420 out there. Enzo, 399 + the 1 pope enzo, but there are over 540 cars estimated out there (!). F40 they where open about, meant to sell 399 I think, but 1315 where produced according to Ferrari themselves (the F50/Enzo numbers are unofficial). And it continues on for almost all their ''exclusive'' models.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
This one seems to be the rarest & most mythical of them all. No info found online except the sale post and the only photos taken of this gem are the 2 on the post. Guessing this might be the last ever that came out of production and most probably a private owner's car which was taken to Nismo for a ZTune makeover. If anyone has more info pls do share.. :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This one seems to be the rarest & most mythical of them all. No info found online except the sale post and the only photos taken of this gem are the 2 on the post. Guessing this might be the last ever that came out of production and most probably a private owner's car which was taken to Nismo for a ZTune makeover. If anyone has more info pls do share.. :bowdown1:
a few photographs found of the 010 MP Z Tune from an old GTR post - thanks to johnny_O

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
i have been in the omori Ztune in Japan and have some pictures somewhere which also shows the vin plate

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Do old magazine features help?

As suggested by K66 SKY - we need a Z Tune thread as its very clear than many do not know the true facts about the Z.

Please feel free to add photographs, sightings, owners please come forward (don't be shy) with driving experiences, modifications plans, what is your car number, etc, etc. and do any of the Z Tunes have the very rare Nismo Cigarette Lighter Kill Switch - a long shot, but worth asking!
WOW!:cool:

I have no idea where any of these rare cars currently reside as the BCNR33's are more my kinda thing but I do hold some kind of weird fascination where the Z-Tune II's are concerned due to the obvious DNA of pioneering parts that first started life on the UK Middlehurst R33's.

Anyways.....:eek:

Back in July 2005, The now defunct "J-Tuner" magazine had BNR34-P001 on their front cover and a road test of said Beast :-

And like I said in the other topic, Sometime later during 2006 High Performance Imports magazine road tested the recently completed R34-Z-016.....

Plus what can be assumed (if these were actually built in numerical order) was perhaps R34-Z-017 having its engine fitted, the White/Grey primer one on the rotisserie being maybe R34-Z-018 and the Blue shell the final one which was R34-Z-019 possibly?!

HTH!:)

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
The one at Omori factory can be distinguished by the letter "P" in front of the number which stands for "prototype", I believe they made 2 of these. Here is one photo of the plate fm spedhunter's feature on the Nismo one.

Which we can all see BNR34-P001 is very different to the other R34-Z-001 chassis tag....

The deformations in the Prototypes one looks hand stamped compared to the engraved customers cars version.

JM2PW!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
He does post on this forum. I'm sure if he wants to share details he will. It's not my place to say.

I'd love to see it one day! It's all the little touches that make it so special.

excellent.

Any chance of a few details - not after a post code and house number :chuckle:

what edition number is it?

mileage?

country / county?

We could have a table? (Mook)

001 - silver, for sale recently in London? 35K miles?

010 - midnight purple - Australia - 3000km

etc

21 - 40 of 123 Posts