GTR Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
So I got to see some pretty special cars in December. I went to the Vspec Performance open day and saw Z-Tune #15 in Midnight Purple 3 and #7 Midnight Purple 400R. Then a week later I saw Gobal Auto's Silver pair, Z-Tune #2 and 400R #22 at Nismo Festival. I also got to see Z-Tune P001 at Omori Factory. Not bad!

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
So I got to see some pretty special cars in December. I went to the Vspec Performance open day and saw Z-Tune #15 in Midnight Purple 3 and #7 Midnight Purple 400R. Then a week later I saw Gobal Auto's Silver pair, Z-Tune #2 and 400R #22 at Nismo Festival. I also got to see Z-Tune P001 at Omori Factory. Not bad! View attachment 258099 View attachment 258100
you lucky boy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Here's a bit of a write up on Z-Tune 15 from Skylines Australia

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The Z-tune was actually NOT even among the best in terms of performance but it was desirable because it was built by NISMO (and the whole big story about buying off owners' cars to build them, etc.) There were Best Motoring videos back in the day which pitted Z-tune against the other big GTR tuners of the day (and it got thrashed around Tsukuba by each of them, I might add). The high price was a big criticism back then.. today it doesn't matter.

In any case, the Z-Tune will always be something special. As time goes on, the finer details are forgotten and the badge and legend grows bigger.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tuners did have the advantage of not having to comply with regulations and emissions etc. The Z-Tune was actually faster than the early R35 Nismo's around Tsukuba though. I think it was only the 2019 or 2020 model where the R35 Nismo had the carbon brakes and carbon roof etc, that it managed a faster time. The Z-Tune was also more road focused but still smashed cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo and M3 CSL back in the day. It's now worth more than both of those cars combined.

Just imagine taking one through the Pass from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek though.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts