GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After owning one of the very first R35's to hit UK roads back in 2008 which we used to showcase our GTR products. So I'm sure some of you have seen it at previous shows and magazines....

It was later sold and now after nearly 18months without the GTR, frankly I started to miss it. We are beginning to see an increase in GTR products and also an increase in our own product range for the R35... So I decided it was time to search for another one...

Luckily one of my customer's Marc was selling up his beautiful Black edition Black GTR which was the colour I wanted. Plus it's just been to SVM for quite a lot of engine work which finished off with a full service so I know the engine is absolutely spot on.

Marc was nice enough to make the journey to show me the car in person (he lives in Cornwall! and I'm in Milton Keynes) After some discussion I decided to go ahead. My turn to make the 4.5hr journey! When I arrived at Marc's house, GTR was sat inside his double garage looking absolutely stunning... he definately spent a good few hours cleaning and polishing the car down to even the brakes and suspension! He even loaded the car up with all the standard pipes, suspension, skirts and even spare brake pads and wheel nuts! Gotta say he is such a good seller and honoured every aspect of the deal! top man!

Quick photoshoot few days after...

Unfortunately, I bought it about 10 days before its first MOT due date but this isnt a problem as we offer MOT's at Knight-Racer anyway, this was easily taken care of..

As you may expect, it wasn't going to stay looking that way for very long... so on the ramp she goes...

Hybrid Carbon Bonnet ON.. (simple bolt off, bolt on.. no modifications whatsoever)

Old Wald's style diffuser looks abit too "stuck on" and the carbon quality was awful, so this had to come off...

New KR Carbon Rear Diffuser ON (again.. simple bolt off and bolt on. It basically fell into place. NO MODIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER to fit)

Old OEM Front Splitter OFF... New KR Carbon Front Splitter ON.. (again as expected with KR GTR parts.. NO MODS whatsoever. This re-uses the stock undertray where it is bolted up with and against the splitter and bottom of the bumper so absolutely no risk of flying off like some other splitters we've seen on the forums)

We are awaiting a container full of NEW R35 GTR Carbon products so no doubt our GTR will undergo some more cosmetic changes in due course and yes, these will be offered to all members on this forum ;)

As a quick teaser.. we are expecting new front splitters, diffusers, rear spoilers and vented bonnets.. all in carbon! arriving in 3-4 weeks!

Weather's been dreadfull recently so until I get the chance for some nice photos.. here's one of the back end for now..

Quick spec of the car:

- SVM 650R
- 4 custom ECU maps
- GTC Decat Y-Pipe, Decat Downpipes
- BC Racing Coilover Suspension
- Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bars
- 19" Lightweight Matt Black Rims
- APR 500 Carbon Rear Spoiler
- Full Interior Trim Carbon Wrap
- KR OEM Carbon Bonnet
- KR Carbon Front Splitter
- KR Carbon Side Skirts
- KR Carbon Rear Diffuser
- KR Carbon Front Fender Vents
- KR Carbon Front "GTR" Logo Holders
- KR Carbon Front Grille
- more to come.....
- LED Halo headlight conversion
- AP Brake Discs with Cosworth Pads
- Full Exterior Paint Protection Clear Vinyl Wrap

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Looking good....mine is in need of some carbon I think :)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Looks awesome on those rims - very moody.

When you booking her in for some Magic :smokin:

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
manage to get a few shots this afternoon...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looking good Albert, will be round this next coming week for a chat and a nose around your beast. I'll let you know when I'll be round.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys...
Funny enough, customer came yesterday and saw the carbon parts on my car and decided to clear my stock out!! We are now awaiting new stock of side skirts, rear diffusers and bonnet vents... due in a few weeks but please pm or email me if you wish to place an order or reservation ;)

Still have carbon spoilers and front splitters in stock at the moment though.. :)

Thanks
Albert

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Ben... i will try to take some time out the office this week to pop over ;)

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys...

Robbie, can you work your magic on the clear vinyl? I might stick one of my front bumpers on soon, and will you be able to clear vinyl that too? ;)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
thanks guys...

Robbie, can you work your magic on the clear vinyl? I might stick one of my front bumpers on soon, and will you be able to clear vinyl that too? ;)
Not a problem mate :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Looks great Albert!

I am close to doing my write up on your excellent sideskirts and rear valance. Robbie is going to matte clear wrap them "live" at his BBQ next week.
I still can't get over how good they look and how easily they fitted.

Love the carbon engine cover too!

I know you don't tend to track your cars, but if you do be sure to swap out the Cosworth pads beforehand. I was given a set of Track Masters to try out and they were dangerously hopeless (some say they're made by EBC, but these were no way as effective as the Yellow Stuffs I've had before and they're not a great track pad).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Albert, the car currently has carbonetic r race pads fitted(unless you swapped them)

The cosworth track masters were just spares and like David says they are poop on track

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Albert, the car currently has carbonetic r race pads fitted(unless you swapped them)

The cosworth track masters were just spares and like David says they are poop on track
Wow, Carbonetic R-specs are great, that's what I'm using! Keep those Albert, ditch the Cosworths IMO.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts