GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Sorry if this has been done before but I'm interested in how may GTR owners on the forum are based/live in the North/North east of england.
The reason I ask is that I live in North Yorkshire and, given the no' of cars sold so far I have only seen one other GTr on the road in the last year.
It just seems strange that I've actually seen more lambo's and ferrari's.As for Porche,well you see more porsche than Ford these days!!(slight exagerration)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have only seen 2 in newcastle so far a white and a black

Mine arrives Dec9th and is UMS - i live in newcastle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might be you and your mates that gets spotted out and about. Another silver on its way in about 4 weeks just in time for Xmas - was getting really fed up with the wait and almost bored of it in fact but now hope its all worth it - the white one looks mint mind - i did not quite have the balls to go for it as have to use it as every day car etc but i think it the best colour - silver was my next choice

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Might be you and your mates that gets spotted out and about. Another silver on its way in about 4 weeks just in time for Xmas - was getting really fed up with the wait and almost bored of it in fact but now hope its all worth it - the white one looks mint mind - i did not quite have the balls to go for it as have to use it as every day car etc but i think it the best colour - silver was my next choice
thanks yes my white one now with 14000 miles and grey interior and its all holding up well, been modified since 1000 miles..currently the fastest full trim GTR in EU.

just fitted the some nice carbon parts to it..

you will love your gtr mind.. my 8 month old loves it.

but now i will be using the jeep and taking gtr out only on nice days

·
Registered
17 Posts
It must be really really really nippy then! Ha

I have no idea about mods but just but keenly listen and look at the stuff on the forum - I really like the idea of the carbon part on the balck plastic controls facia as its the main bit of the interior that looks a little cheap - ill reserve judgement tho - get the first 1200 miles over and have a look at all the options from there.

My 2 are 1 next week so are currently banned from the GTR until they can stop random puking and can stick to the Smax

Cheers

Boda

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
I travel about quite a lot (I've been to Scotland, Wales, the South West and East Anglia in the last few months repeatedly) and have only seen about three on the roads in total! They are still relatively rare compared to the Fords of this world wherever you live.:p

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I think i'm quite lucky and have seen a few now, I have to drive to Gateshead Stadium every morning and it must be the same itme as when people are picking their cars up because at the same time every day there is more often than not always 1 GTR going the other way (not the same one....) so there are some around

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi everyone.
Sorry if this has been done before but I'm interested in how may GTR owners on the forum are based/live in the North/North east of england.
The reason I ask is that I live in North Yorkshire and, given the no' of cars sold so far I have only seen one other GTr on the road in the last year.
It just seems strange that I've actually seen more lambo's and ferrari's.As for Porche,well you see more porsche than Ford these days!!(slight exagerration)
I'm in Sunderland , had mine in Ult Silver since mid April ( 1st one out of Benfield Newcastle ) .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seems from responses that there are not that many knocking about up here.It certainly explains why i have not seen many on the road.I'm new to the GTR/skyline/japanese/modified car scene ,so do you Northern owners ever meet up ?Are there any events that take place up here ?The fact that they are fairly rare still might also explain why the car gets the reaction it does from people . I have never had a car including the Ferrari's,lambo,porsche's etc that attracts such a positive and appreciative reaction from people.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
MSM if you hear of any events in the North East make sure to post them up, although I don't own a GTR myself I always try to come down and have a look around

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
It seems from responses that there are not that many knocking about up here.It certainly explains why i have not seen many on the road.I'm new to the GTR/skyline/japanese/modified car scene ,so do you Northern owners ever meet up ?Are there any events that take place up here ?The fact that they are fairly rare still might also explain why the car gets the reaction it does from people . I have never had a car including the Ferrari's,lambo,porsche's etc that attracts such a positive and appreciative reaction from people.
Th North East meeting is usually on the first Sunday of the month at the Angle Pub. We get guys from Scotland and Yorkshire who come regularly, you'd be most welcome mate.

Keep an eye on the Events threads for the dates.
Andy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I have seen your car, Liam, on the Felling bypass! Looked outstanding. I was on my way to Tom Fergusson's Porsche garage just next to the stadium.

There is a dark grey one in central Gosforth.....parked on a bloke's drive, not in a garage! I live in Jesmond in Newcastle, and I go running past this car quite often just for a gawp at it.

I'm thinking about getting GTR in due course. I'm a Porsche fan as it goes (just sold a 993 RS), but the daily driver appeal of the GTR is attractive for me. If any of you fellas in/near Newcastle (or Blyth etc, as I work around there as a GP) would be kind enough to show me 'round your car, I would be really grateful!! Guy and Cem on here can hopefully vouch for me not being a nutter etc ;)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
yep the angel meet is a good day, i also organise meets for skylineowners.com around the NE area threads normally kept here

North East - Skyline Owners Forum

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Th North East meeting is usually on the first Sunday of the month at the Angle Pub. We get guys from Scotland and Yorkshire who come regularly, you'd be most welcome mate.

Keep an eye on the Events threads for the dates.
Andy.
Andy,
Thanks for that I will try to make it,Where is the Angle pub though ?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts