GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - i've just joined. There are lots of things that seem to be going on, which is great. I was just wondering though whether you got together much up in the northern tundra where i live (Yorkshire). I know that my last skyline (R11 GTR) ended up in Bradford (anyone know if it is still around??) and i'd be interested to know whether there are many others out there (relatively) locally.
Sammy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks. Have there been meets/trackdays in the past? There are some great roads up here - it'd be good to get a few of us together one day. I had my r33 for 2 years and only saw one other up here - but then i hadn't joined the register:eek:
i don't know jason - has he taken on the role of organising past northern meetings?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Hi Sammy,

At the moment there is a Dyno Day organised for 12th August at Star in Glenrothes. This may be a bit far North for you but if you are interested in coming along let me know ASAP, especially if you would like to run your car as I think there may only be a few spaces left now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi jason
thanks a lot - sadly i won't be around for that weekend but will hopefully make it up to another event (knockhill perhaps)
hope to see you soon
sammy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Croft

TrackSense are having a day at Croft on 11th september - mixed groups, probably about 6 x 20 mins sessions, £130 for the day. I can't make some of the recently organised events down south and up further north so i quite fancy going. I'm going to see if my mate guy smith (who drives sports cars - he was in the no1 bentley at le mans this year:( - fancies coming along too. is anyone else up for it?
btw - they are talking about a 100db noise limit: what is the best way of quickly checking whether you are inside that limit?
cheers
sammy

·
Registered
758 Posts
Croft Noise

Hi Sammy,

I wouldn't worry too much about noise. I recently went to Donnington and they sprung a 'quiet day' on us (95dB) after the local council had complained about BTCC testing earlier in the day. They tested mine at trackside and it passed no problem.

Vincenzo

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noise

thanks vincenzo
i was a bit concerned since i heard of a guy with a slightly tuned scooby failing the noise test recently at the bedford autodrome (i think) - what a depressing day that must be. i've had the 'normal' stage one tuning and wondered whether that alone was sufficient to give me problems. has anyone had this problem? it'd be nice to know that i can make my car noisier than it already is and still do track days:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.