GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My Official copy of the video arrived today...and i have to say, after seeing the pre-release copy (thanks again Alan mate), this version is MUCH MUCH MUCH better.....

ALOT less chat by that "alright bruv" bloke and ALOT more 1/4 mile action..infact, 95% of it is action.

It really is a much better video...with Narration / comments by Adam Rayner (i think)...

Henry - did you know your supra is 1000bhp ? Coz according to the narration it is.....:D

Guy - your burnout looks better every time !

Alan - your 33 looks the nuts !

Gary - what can i say, the "Beast" looks and sounds awesome - first time i've been able to see it go properly..what a tool !

Glen - your car makes me dribble every time i see it !

Warren - your cossie is DAMN rapid !

David Yu - i want my GTI-R to sound like your 355 !!! :D ...it's the nicest sounding ferrari i have ever heard (and i've heard quite a few !).

Really good vid - well worth the cash i reckon....Dino, you won't be disspointed - especially as there's plenty of Skyline action.

Seeyou all soon
Daz

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Watched it tonite too. The interviewer did my head in but that 355, what a screaming sound, sound like an F1 car. Some of those fords are bloody fast. That 1300cc fiesta reminded me why I bought a car with such good traction!

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Doh! Perhaps I should have reserved judgement until I had seen the final cut. I didn't know that the pre-production copies Joss and I got from Alan were only rough edits. I would be happy to re-submit a "review" if someone gets me the finished article. Sorry!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Glad to see the finished article's better than the pre release jobbie's floating about. Might have to get it now after all.

Daz, any decent shots of my S14 200sx lurking in there mate? It made an appearance in a few scenes in the pre copy. It's the latest shape 200, reg no. R200 SXT, it's Blue.

Cheers matey

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watcha Mate !

Erm, yeah, i do believe that they show at least 1 run of your car because i remember the narrator mentioning it as it went down the strip...infact the more i think about it, i'm positive your car is in it (unless there was another dark blue 200sx at the day ?)

Did they cover the plates up with Kamacarzi ones ? I noticed quite a few motors had them (quite a few didn't too). I'll re-watch it and check to see if i spot your reg.....but there is definately one in it (infact, i thought it was the option one at first....).

Seeya !
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alan you won't be dissapointed....I think your 33 is in it quite a bit....i was keeping my eyes peeled for the "Bazooka" graphic on the front bumper :D

Cheers
Daz

PS Still can't get over how nice that ferrari sounds !

·
Registered
832 Posts
Cheers Daz.

Mine was the only Blue 200 there.

I'm gonna have to get the vid. One of the camera men decided to stand behind when I switched the Launch Control on and I was hoping they'd inlcude that bit, just so I can experience what everyone else hears outside the car. I'm frequently told that it's fappin loud!:D

·
Registered
961 Posts
skylines, dounuts, 1/4 miles

ok youve talked me in to it ,
can somone say where can buy this vid ?

cheers

gus,

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Finally seen it!

Thanks to Andrea at Kamacarzi, I have finally seen the production version. As Daz says, it's miles better; mainly improved by leaving out most of the appalling "interviews"! (Still too many for my liking, next time get someone who can say more than "you can't say fairer than that, bro")
But Adam Rayner (well known bass-head ICE reviewer) does give some amusing voiceovers, but the most impressive feature is that some parts (eg. say, that blue Fiat rag-top screaming to 9200rpm in the first four gears...
;) ) have nothing on the soundtrack other than the engine noises. Max P***r video-makers take note!
Oh, and I still love the fact that it is a matter of permanent record that on the day, my lickle 'Rari posted a better 1/4 mile time than Glen's big bad T9KYO! ;) :D
I know, I know, it will be faster this year...

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Ferrari exhaust

As regular Evo readers know, I have a Tubi-Style system with de-cat pipes. Supposedly the only system that releases any extra power. They also do most of the F1 off-shore powerboat systems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts