GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d just like to post a word of special thanks to Robert Brungs, and Guenther Bieterbach of Brungs Motor Sport, Mark at SE parts, and Ian at Middlehurst for their help in getting my car right.

I live in Germany, and its not easy to find anyone that could take care of a Skyline here, after a lot of detective work with help from Shin and Mr. Isamu Ishida of Falken Tires I make contact with Robert Brungs.

It turns out that he has been involved with Nimso for over 10 years and is the base for the Nismo team while they are in Germany, for racing or development work.

2 months ago I took my R33 GT-R to him and ask his advice as to what to have done to build ‘the perfect ring car’ for me to drive with my family to Nuerburgring in comfort, do some laps and drive home again.

The car is unbelievable, the main work I had done was:

Nismo steel turbos,
HKS 1.2 mm steel head gasket,
3inch free flow cat,
Bilstein sport shocks,
All new fluids, including Castrol SRF break fluid.
The cylinder head needed to be polished because of pitting on number 6 cylinder caused by low fuel pressure (Nissan use cheap fuel pressure regulators).

I’m going to test the car out Sunday at the ring. :D

Paul.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Leaking shock!

Sounds nice.. You couldn't after you return from the track give me more imformation on the shocks and the feel they give please.

..Ian

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Skylining, did you have any trouble getting the car registered in Germany and are you the only Skyline in Germany??

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A great fun day at the ring

André,
I had had a great time scaring bikers again :D only 1 embarrassing moment when talking to the guy’s in the back, got off line then off track :eek: no harm done though and on the plus side got to meet Dick from 8200rpm.com who saw the whole thing, a really good driver with loads of useful info.

Ian,
The bilsteins are a big improvement on the originals on the track but the payback is the on road ride even harder than a V-spec and the high-speed (above 200kph) stability is a bit scary too.

Richie,
My car is not registered in Germany, but on US military plates however, Robert Brungs has got GT-R’s through the TUV system with German plates. You can call him on +49-(0) 2191-790555 or email him at [email protected] for details.

One thing that came to light on the day was the subject of breaks. I was experiencing a lot of vibration on certain corners. This it turns out is a common problem on Brembo breaks in wet conditions when one is using the breaks to only ¾ of the limit as it were, it also happens with AP racing kits too. I was lucky enough to meet the test driver from Mov’it and got the full SP as to what was happening and why.

Looking around the parking lot and on a rainy day like yesterday there are mostly die hard ringers there where a lot of Mov’it customer all very happy why their breaks. So I know what’s next on the list for my perfect ring car is a trip to Achern for a full set of Mov’it breaks (seems a lot of customers have the fronts done then go back for the rears soon after may as well do it all at once).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts