GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the GTE>S-t. This is a 1990 R32 GTE 4Dr. It was stock when I got it, with the RB20E. I got it in 1999, and in 2001 I came across a 1993 R32 GTS-t Type M that a friend had wrecked while drifting. I then swapped over to the RB20DET and converted the auto trans to the 5-speed. Shortly afterwards I swapped the stock 4-lugs and crappy brakes to the Type M 5 lugs and brakes. The suspension's all upgraded (rough as **** on the backroads here, but great on the motorway!). I later swapped the 4dr rearend (taillights and bumper) with the 2dr. I moved here with it this last year and got pics of the first snow it's probably ever seen!

There's a lot of pics!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi Brian!

It looks great. I'm getting that 2-Door rear bumper sorted out now from RK Tuning. I'll show you some pics when it's on.

We haven't had much snow around my area. It snowed 1 night about 2 days ago, but the rain washed it away for the morning.

Why do you have the hole in the front nearside headlight?

What did you get the sideskirts off?

Thanks,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
looks nice

i know why theres a hole in lamp there is no lamp n that side of headlamp goes straight to filter

lee

p.s did u find headlamp bitch to get apart too ??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the hole through the headlight is for nice cold air supply to the turbo. I catually didn't have to take the light assembly apart. I first cut out the back part of the light for a piece of PVC pipe to fo through. Then marked the front and used a diamond cut bit (for etching and cutting glass) with a dremel to cut the glass. It's very thick (approx 1/2 inch) and took two days to get the pipe fitted in. I had to go slow because if you go to fast and heat it up to much the glass will crack.

I lucked out of the sideskirts and was able to pick them up at a junkyard while I was still in Japan. I really miss the junkyards, or rather the amount of Skylines and parts available at those junkyards.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 5 stud conversion was pretty simple. I got the entire spindles off of a Type M Skyline. It was just a matter or pulling off mine and putting them on. The rear was iteresting at first because my car is without Hicas and the donor one had it, I didn't know, but the Hicas steering connection doesn't match the solid brace a non-Hicas uses. So I had to switch the actual spindle carrier arm/brace over.

The hardest part really was bleeding the brakes.

I've know a couple of people who just changed the hubs/wheel bearings, rotors and brakes (from say a 5 lug 200sx), but I don't know what was involved or if the parking brake stuff had to be switched or altered to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts