GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think we're 2 years out, the release will be more about showcasing the Hybrid Tech

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
OMG :runaway:

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Interesting".......... Hope the bell housing is sorted on this version! From the factory, ohhh and thicker bloody paint!

·
Registered
212 Posts
As long as its not another milk-float I dont care, I know we are supposed to be all green and stuff but please can we leave the milk floats to those who dont give a crap about their cars. That way the oil will last longer for the rest of us who like to drive a car thats an event everytime you get in it!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
As long as its not another milk-float I dont care, I know we are supposed to be all green and stuff but please can we leave the milk floats to those who dont give a crap about their cars. That way the oil will last longer for the rest of us who like to drive a car thats an event everytime you get in it!
I was with you right up until I saw how impressive the Tesla S is. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds and a 300 mile range in a luxury saloon.

Also consider dumping a heavy conventional 4wd system for just RWD and some electric motors at the front, you may have next to no weight penalty due to the saving in gearbox/diff and get many more mpg.

The new NSX will be the tell all on if this approach can indeed work, Honda are aiming for a 1400kg weight for a hybrid supercar.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
That is nothing more than an idea with extreme looks to start getting us familiar with a different shape to the R35.
That's why you get car concepts, leaked shots in disguise and then without any covering before launch etc...

Most new shapes take getting used to, so they start early before they try to sell them.

They did exactly the same with the R35.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I read somewhere that the new GTR will be show cased in 2015 and it's going to be a hybrid 700bhp monster..... whether that is actual fact or not is another matter but they idea is there :)

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
That is a virtual concept car for Gran Turismo 6, but it might have hints on how the R36 will eventually look.

All this Luddite talk of "milk floats" is hilarious. Have some of you not heard of the Porsche 918, McLaren P1 or Ferrari LaFerrari? A bit faster than a milk float or indeed any non-hybrid car!

As somebody mentioned, if they go electric for the FWD to go with the petrol powered RWD, the weight of the electrics and (small) batteries will be more than offset by not needing the heavy and complex AWD transaxle of the R35.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Completely agree with David.

Get with the times and think of the reduction in road tax not to mention better performance, no congestion charge and better fuel consumption, what's not to like?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Completely agree with David.

Get with the times and think of the reduction in road tax not to mention better performance, no congestion charge and better fuel consumption, what's not to like?
I don't think there are any hybrids left that are congestion charge exempt, except perhaps some of the plug-in fuel-extender ones?
It's sub-75g/km now so mainly the pure electric cars only, which the R36 certainly won't be.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Let's say we live in a world where we all have hybrids, how much longer would oil last?
Who gives a shit. It's 'free' energy, with 'push to pass' potential and reduced running costs /more bang for your buck.

I would also love to be able to run my GT-R in electric only when leaving early in the morning. The noise must surely tick my neighbours off at some point.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Who gives a shit. It's 'free' energy, with 'push to pass' potential and reduced running costs /more bang for your buck.

I would also love to be able to run my GT-R in electric only when leaving early in the morning. The noise must surely tick my neighbours off at some point.

Thanks for not answering my question. I know it is a very broad question with a lot of variables but at least an educated guess/answer would have been nice. I also like how you think it's 'free'? Nothing is free.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts