GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
31,566 Posts
I think we need to come up with ideas to keep this forum busy. It would be a shame to see it go dead.
First idea would be to get rid of that enhanced view, so new users don’t think it’s shit from the off.
lol, there is a whole new platform upgrade coming soon. Lots won't like it but it will be a bug help in injecting new blood into the site. Watch this space

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
lol, there is a whole new platform upgrade coming soon. Lots won't like it but it will be a bug help in injecting new blood into the site. Watch this space
Get it done :), generally I hate change but it's so quiet on here something big needs to happen to improve things. There seem to be quite regularly less than 10 users logged onto the site at the moment

·
R35 Section manager
10,926 Posts
.... I honestly can’t understand why people want to go on Facebook for this sort of thing. Everything is in one place here and I know the enthusiasm for these cars is not on its arse.

I agree. I had a look at the various Facebook pages but didn't like them compared to here.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It may be that there is a place for all forms of communication.

In time it will become clear that instant gratification from a Whatsapp or Facebook group does not make for a very focused or good long term read.

What this forum excels at it the good long term read.

However, things all fell apart when Photobucket stopped allowing photos to be linked, I believe easy access to photo content is one of the differentiators that this forum has to get right to succeed.

The other is the good story presentation that can be searched, this has always been there, just lost it's shine without the pictures.

I found a way round the picture thing, but it takes a bit of effort to link it through, so suggest that any upgrade to the forum addresses this point in particular.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This site is awesome. I just think that a lot of people who aren't a part of this site just view the site's threads as guests instead of registering. And I'd bet most of the facebook groups get their information from this site.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well this is my go to site when I´m looking for information. I´m not very active in posting unfortunately.

·
Administrator
31,566 Posts
Over 80% of traffic comes via google. It makes me laugh when I see how small the FB groups are compared to our audience yet advertisers just dont get it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Over 80% of traffic comes via google. It makes me laugh when I see how small the FB groups are compared to our audience yet advertisers just dont get it.
A couple things-

I think some organization in the forum could help. Way too many subforums/categories which most people don't venture to at all, yet we need answers for some of the questions, so its clear why others would go to Facebook for the instant hit; there is only one feed on facebook and everyone sees your question!

I don't have facebook anymore so thats off limits to me, however the posts I see from there are full of misinformation, falsehoods and just general bullshit.

---------------
You need to make this site the GTR go-to. Correct, guided info in stickies, remove duplicate threads, highlight an archive of the best info for new GTR owners etc...

This site needs a spring cleaning. I am sure your traffic is high but everyone is just lurking. Another idea is to make the forum private so you have to be a member to view everything.

If they are logged in and searching around, they will see new things you post and that will probably spark some new users.

Finally, as this site is clearly UK-centric, maybe transitioning to a more global URL might grab in people from the states who are now just getting GTR's.There are currently no US forums which have remotely your traffic level. This will bring US sponsors in as well so that will be helpful.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,131 Posts
I agree there are too many sub forums and apart from the general GTR one most others get ignored. For example, I've found most technical questions posted in the technical section get little response, but technical questions posted in the general section will get more answers.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts