GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, you put boost to 1.2 and flick the ignition to give you RWD only. I haven't driven the R32 for a couple of months so I enjoyed complete comedy lack of traction on the way back from Chelmsford to Basildon this morning

3rd and 4th gear was still sending the back end off on a mission to overtake the front :clap:

The missus was very hungover and totally failed to understand why I was lighting up the rear tyres at every opportunity

'Are you trying to impress me?' (nope)
'Do you think you look cool to other motorists?' (nope)
'You have 4wd and you have just turned it off, are you stupid?' (nope...well..possibly)
'I feel sick now, can you stop driving so the car isn't pointing at the side of the road all the time ' (er....nope!)

It's something she'll never understand. Yes, I could have gone quicker round the roundabout had I not put it in 2WD mode BUT I found much more amusement in trying to get the rear wheel speed treble that of the fronts

There's not many things that make me giggle like a kid but 400+ bhp and not a lot of traction are one lol

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
lol at Ben....:chuckle:

Had a few scary twitchy moments this morning and with the ice on the car, fog and damp roads.....WAY HAY!

:)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
What i normally do is keep her on race gas and stick the boost to 1.9.
Just for the Crack.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
785 Posts
'You have 4wd and you have just turned it off, are you stupid?' (nope...well..possibly)
'I feel sick now, can you stop driving so the car isn't pointing at the side of the road all the time ' (er....nope!)
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Tell her you grow a sack :)

- Kevin.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Obviously, you put boost to 1.2 and flick the ignition to give you RWD only. I haven't driven the R32 for a couple of months so I enjoyed complete comedy lack of traction on the way back from Chelmsford to Basildon this morning

3rd and 4th gear was still sending the back end off on a mission to overtake the front :clap:

The missus was very hungover and totally failed to understand why I was lighting up the rear tyres at every opportunity

It's something she'll never understand. Yes, I could have gone quicker round the roundabout had I not put it in 2WD mode BUT I found much more amusement in trying to get the rear wheel speed treble that of the fronts

There's not many things that make me giggle like a kid but 400+ bhp and not a lot of traction are one lol
:D, I'm so looking forward to RB26'ing the GTS! :smokin:

Alex B

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
PMSL, i would do the same thing if I could and then would probably
get the same response from my wife.

·
Registered
930 Posts
ive been going out just so i can hang the back end out.my missus doesnt understand ethier.gtst+ice/grease roads makes great fun.
i perfer it to the dry as its comes in much nicer reather than giving you a understeer kick when it lines back up.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
LOL....nutter !

Nope I wimped out this morning. My missus has gone away for a few days and nicked my Lexus so this morning's decision was Scooby or Skyline.....hmmmmm.....nah I'll take the Scooby ;)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it's even more fun when you have laggy turbo's as you have that spool up where it's still gripping followed by all hell breaking loose at about 4-5k rpm. Once I had got in and showered and stuff I took the Subaru to work...very boring in comparison...not even a sniff of opposite lock!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim, have you not woken up yet? Deactivating the 4WD means it's in RWD only mode?

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
I thought that too ...

Wimped out again today.
Mind you, I go to work on the M4 so its really exciting at the moment with Heathrow all fogged up.

And my radio is on the blink too so I had to do a bit of karaoke

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Mad as hatters

The lot of you!

That being said, I had a couple of moments of full 4WD last night as I politely explained to an ST220 that it was not coming past. Ever. Not even for Christmas.

Roads were treacherous early evening, but when I took the car for a thirty mile detour on the way home (Solstice hoon. :D) they were good and friction was functioning again.

·
6,821 Posts
How many of you are putting sport-winter tires?

Last year I had a frosty outbreak of my RWD Skylines ass @400HP . . . . the next I saw was ice powder and my bonnet bending into the highway wall. :eek:
At least the car is on its feet again now.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Erm....nope !

My R32's wearing Japanese soft compound Yokohamas....fantastic in the dry, lethal in the wet....hence why it's tucked up at home !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
as I politely explained to an ST220 that it was not coming past. Ever. Not even for Christmas.
Lol! I find you have to explain to ST owners quite a lot..especially in Essex where every man and his dog has a ST Focus which they all think is the fastest car on the planet.

Doesn't look too slippery out there at the moment so will venture to Lakeside in the scooby

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Lakeside....today.....your mad ! RAMMO

You about tonight ben ? Gotta pop over and see ****.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts