Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SATURDAY 31ST MAY 2014
11.00AM till 04.00PM

So for the second time this year we would like to invite you all back to the world famous ACE CAFE LONDON for the start of another terrific season of shows and events with the GTROC with one of our most successful regional meets ...

THE GTROC LONDON MEETS :thumbsup:

This is year eight now I believe of these amazing events which started when the Ace Cafe London had initially banned car meets - apart from some of the classic cars - to just concentrate on bikes due to the "lax flower/crass car" boy racer types which had unfairly earned the Ace a warning from the local powers that be! After many emails and meetings the GTROC brought a civilised angle back to car meets, especially with the legendary Skyline running power figures these kiddy racers would pop to the toilet for! The first meet was watched - unknowingly to all but a few - under a huge legal microscope and to say we surprised the council and the Police was understatement! Hence the strict rules we have driving to, from and during these meets as they still on occasions come under scrutiny even now! R35s were not even around back then either! The GTROC has a very good reputation not only with the ACE CAFE LONDON, but the local council as well the Police. So we ask all those that come along to make sure that things stay this way :thumbsup: We also boast a few firsts as well compared to any other GTROC Regional Meets! One of the first R35 GTRs which had been imported into the UK! One of the first UK registered R35 GTR's! A genuine JANSPEED R32 GTR, a genuine Veilside R32 Evolution III turn up and the first chrome wrapped R35 GTR as well!

The GTROC London Meets as always are open to all to come along, take part and get involved with plenty of local and street parking available opposite and around the Ace Cafe for "non" Skylines / Stageas and GTR's. This also applies to drivers of our beloved heritage who arent members or havent registered correctly! The following criteria has always been in place - with some tweeks over the years - for those of you who wish to park in the main car park during the meeting :

01.) Drive a Skyline, Stagea or GTR and of course turn up in one as well! Your daily beater will be street parked :D
02.) Be a "valid" GTROC Member.
03.) Be a registered forum user on this forum and register correctly.
04.) Follow the GTROC EVENT RULES 2014 which apply in full for this meet.

For GTROC Members then its as easy as just bringing along your current and valid membership card to show the marshals on the day to gain entry to the car park. Its even easier for Executive Lifetime Members with your masterpiece of a Carbon Fibre Membership Card! However for our forum users or non GTROC Members then you just need to send a PM to SIMPLYMO - the GTROC's London Rep (or SIMPLYMOO as he is now forever known and must be called all season!) with your full name, make, model, colour and registration number of your Skyline, Stagea or GTR so he can add you to the guest list :clap:

Additional things that are important to these meets are :

* This is a static meet so turn up, park up!
* Please arrive & leave sensibly, no racing entry or exits or any hooning within at least five miles of coming or leaving the Ace Cafe - overt and covert Police cameras now activated - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
* No launches, drifting, doughnuts or burnouts.
* No politics, aggressive or anti-social behaviour.
* We will assist in the prosecution of any undue care and attention, dangerous driving or similar offences if you are caught and linked to this meet!
* There is an on-licence at the venue so no drinking and driving.
* The ACE CAFE management asks that you only consume food or drink bought on the premises.
* You cannot register on behalf of someone.
* Your unregistered mate in a Skyline/Stagea/GTR behind you when you turn up will be street parking :D

So ... who's gonna join us then for the second meet of 2014?

Please make sure when adding your name using CUT AND PASTE that you use the latest list, so no ones name gets knocked off and it doesnt become a headache for MOO or myself! More details in regards to this event may be posted nearer to the time!

New people coming along for the first time will be also able to apply to the coveted GTROC LONDON CREW after their first meet ... the members list is long and distinguished :D

GTROC Members

01. Simply Moo.

NON-CLUB Members :

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
GTROC Members

01. Simply Moo.
02. goRt

NON-CLUB Members :

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
GTROC Members

01. Simply Moo.
02. goRt
03. Natbrat300

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
I'll bring your coat Moo!

GTROC Members

01. Simply Moo.
02. goRt
03. Natbrat300
04. Trev

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
I'll bring your coat Moo!
Cheers mate.

GTROC Members

01. SimplyMo
02. goRt
03. Natbrat300
04. Trev

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1
02. ViperGtr - PM Received

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
I'd like to come. I haven't got my membership approved or card through the post (money has left my account tho!)
I'll put you on the list just in case it doesn't arrive before the meet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'll put you on the list just in case it doesn't arrive before the meet.
My man,

Put me on the list too!
I'll be in my recently purchased r32 gtr this time!:chuckle:
Will pm you shortly as I'm not a full paid member.

Regards,
Farid.

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
My man,

Put me on the list too!
I'll be in my recently purchased r32 gtr this time!:chuckle:
Will pm you shortly as I'm not a full paid member.

Regards,
Farid.

No problem dude...will update the list tonight

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Look forward to some nice weather yet again.:)

GTROC Members

01. SimplyMo
02. goRt
03. Natbrat300
04. Trev
05. Mudflap

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
GTROC Members

01. Simplymo
02. goRt
03. Natbrat300
04. Trev
05. Mudflap

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1
03. Panzerdan - PM Received
04. Faryd - PM Received
05. Richpa - PM Received

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
Hi Mo,

Could you add me on the list also please - non club member?

Thanks
Pm me your details mate...as I delete ppls details after each event.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
GTROC Members

01. Simplymo
03. Natbrat300
04. Trev
05. Mudflap

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1
04. Faryd - PM Received
05. Richpa - PM Received
Kriss,
I've got to bail on this one - the weather is playing havoc with my other sporting commitments (no play tomorrow, all pushed back a week)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SCORE !!!
Next weekend off - awesome!

GTROC Members

01. Simplymo
02. Speed Merchant
03. Natbrat300
04. Trev
05. Mudflap

NON-CLUB Members :

01. shaft no1
04. Faryd - PM Received
05. Richpa - PM Received

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
Members dont need to put their name down....I have a few more to add to the list and truthfully its all about the weather.

Simple answer....no idea.
:)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How many cars do you expect at this meet?
Why does it mean if thirty cars turn up you will, but only fifteen cars you won't !?
To be honest with people coming and going all day we can have forty or fifty cars in total but much less in the car park at one time so it's difficult to predict. The London meets always have a good turn out regardless :)

Even if it rains - rarely again - the Ace Cafe is a superb wet weather venue with plenty on offer inside as well as out ;)

It's a cracking meet, cracking venue.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.