GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys & Gals,

A few months back (if that) we carried out our 750R conversion on Michael's (GTR8) R35.

A Picture below of the engine bay after our 750R Conversion

To say he was impressed would be a understatement.........But then the the Bug Bit once again and now the car is in the process of having our famous 850R conversion carried out.

Nick named "The Snake" (just waiting for the responses ...lol)

This Conversion will be having a few personal touches for Michael.

Basic spec will consist of :-

CP Pistons

H-Beam Rods

New Bearings

264' Cams

Fully Ported and Gas Flowed Head

New Gaskets

Stage 3 Turbo's

New Custom Engine Covers to Michaels Spec

SVM Boost Gauge 45PSI

Custom Hoses

We will be posting pictures very soon and keep you all updated. We would like to thank Michael once again for his custom and more importantly it is a pleasure dealing with him

Regards KK & Team !

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sufferin Succotash the SVM Snake bites a Second time! :runaway:

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :lamer:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Does an 850 upgrade well from a 750 or is it a case of dumping and starting again ?

Take the turbos, if your modifying them could you not go straight to stage 3 but use lower boost ?

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures

Some pictures of the parts that will be fitted to Michael's GTR

Cosworth Gaskets

Heads with 264' Cams, Porting and Gas Flowed

Stage 3 Turbo's ...mmmmmm

Change of Colour for the Engine Bay ....

Timing Chain Cover

SVM Spec B.O.V's

14 Plate Clutch System

Main Alloy Breather Tank & Water Combi Header Tank

45PSI Boost Gauge ...mmmmmm very tasty

and a little gift for Michael..... Carbon Front Slam Panel Cover

ooooo Look Michael....... think these would be a nice addition "Okada Plasma Coil Packs " ....;)

Will Keep you all updated with the progress

Regards KK & Team

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Kevan,

Just out of interest, if you use cosworth gaskets, why not consider using cosworth rods/pistons?

I don't think the rods are so important, but so much goes in to piston design which can have a huge impact on the performance of the engine.

Although I know CP pistons are tough (used them before) given the enormous number of variables that go into making a piston, isn't it better to go with a company who have studied the combustion chamber and tailored their design exactly to the gtr engine, rather than the CP piston which is generic and offered in many sizes with the expectation that you just pick the one that fits.

Not having a go, just wondered why all your builds favour CP.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Kevan,

Just out of interest, if you use cosworth gaskets, why not consider using cosworth rods/pistons?

I don't think the rods are so important, but so much goes in to piston design which can have a huge impact on the performance of the engine.

Although I know CP pistons are tough (used them before) given the enormous number of variables that go into making a piston, isn't it better to go with a company who have studied the combustion chamber and tailored their design exactly to the gtr engine, rather than the CP piston which is generic and offered in many sizes with the expectation that you just pick the one that fits.

yes kev is using / testing other brands, but as of yet Cosworth haven't delivered anything other than gaskets.

The CP's are not generic, they are made to order and usually take three weeks based on requested spec / donor oem engine numbers. They have studied and know what comp's work.

CP & JE are the choices being used in U.S & around the world for big power, fast times, endurance last couple years. We know of none so far running Cosworth. Nothing against Cosworth will be interesting to see / test. But rumour on nagtroc suggests their rods are private label by Carillio.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kevan,

Thanks for your Comments :

The CP Pistons we use are not straight of the shelf items, Gudgen/Wrist Pins, Compression Height, Material Spec are all to our SVM Spec and we have tried this product to a very extreme standard.

We are Working in Conjunction with Cosworth, and are a approved Stockist.

Cosworth are currently working on a stroker kit which we will be testing and when building our Stock Capacity engines we do have options of using Cosworth Parts.

We also work with J.E Pistons, What ever we use has been thoroughly tried and tested.

Regards

KK

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I was actually thinking more of squish volume and piston crown design, ring land height, ring serparation etc.

These is the kind of variables that can only be tested using complex computer modelling, They'll all work and they might all make decent power and last perfectly well, but there are specific benefits to CA design that can't be achieved by trial and error testing.

I thought that Cosworth make the pistons for Jun, and spent a long time using a wealth of experience designing them specifically for the GTR???

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I was actually thinking more of squish volume and piston crown design, ring land height, ring serparation etc.

These is the kind of variables that can only be tested using complex computer modelling, They'll all work and they might all make decent power and last perfectly well, but there are specific benefits to CA design that can't be achieved by trial and error testing.

I thought that Cosworth make the pistons for Jun, and spent a long time using a wealth of experience designing them specifically for the GTR???

JUN went with Capricorn

1 - 20 of 91 Posts