GTR Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Gosh - talk about throw a shed load of money away! :puke:

If he is very lucky he might get 65k - he must be in for £90k on the car so a whopping £25k for 1600 miles use!! :chairshot

I wonder if if the seller needs an accountant?? :sadwavey:

D

·
Registered
473 Posts
850R

I am considering this beast.

Have had a continuous stream of Skylines inc 630bhp R32 (up to 4 years ago), 750bhp R34 until 2 years ago (OSG RB30 + sequential) and a standard R35 since 03/2010 I am getting the modifying itch again.

Of the 3 I would choose the R32 or the R34 over the R35 from an ownership experience and certainly from a driver involvement point of view - but the 35 was standard.

I still miss the rawness of the 32 and the looks of the 34 and never REALLY bonded with the 35 even after 12K miles. The 35 is just too good, too rounded and too capable.

My 32 and 34 did scare you and needed treating with respect when pushing on whereas the 35 simply demolishes any road with little effort.

I found the 35 more of just a "car" than an "event" to drive. It sums it up when my wife (who really HATED both 32 and 34) questions why I am selling my 35 as in her words "I really like driving that one!" - nuff said.

The problem may be that I used the 35 as a daily driver hence the wow factor either wore off or never had chance to show itself.

My dilemma was to mod the 35 and keep it for weekends or sell it and move on - then this thing came up for sale.

I had spoken to SVM about taking mine to 750R spec but would this make a wiser investment / purchase?

Value wise - I spent over £80K on the 34 and sold it for £32K as modifying to this level doesn't add the same value. What is this 850R worth in reality?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It will certainly tick all your boxes from a driving point of view.

I would say its reasonably priced for what it is, prospective buyer options are either this or going to SVM for a new build.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts