GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
everyone knows and loves those big shots of flame that shoot out the tailpipe when lifting off the throttle after going WOT. When that happens though - is the shot of flame accompanied by a bang, like a firecracker going off in the muffler? I've had a couple occassions now where, when lifting after pushing a lot of boost, I'd get a loup pop that'd scare the bejeezus outta me (recently rebuilt the engine so everything makes me paranoid :p). Knock sensor reads normal however, always in the teens (on Power FC).

When using launch control with my Bee*R limiter, all those pops and bangs are accompanied with my knock shooting up to 70. Which has dissuaded me from ever using the thing...but is it because those pops and bangs are the same frequency as a knock, but they're not necessarily occuring in the combustion chamber (yet still triggering the knock sensors)?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
everyone knows and loves those big shots of flame that shoot out the tailpipe when lifting off the throttle after going WOT. When that happens though - is the shot of flame accompanied by a bang, like a firecracker going off in the muffler? I've had a couple occassions now where, when lifting after pushing a lot of boost, I'd get a loup pop that'd scare the bejeezus outta me (recently rebuilt the engine so everything makes me paranoid :p). Knock sensor reads normal however, always in the teens (on Power FC).

When using launch control with my Bee*R limiter, all those pops and bangs are accompanied with my knock shooting up to 70. Which has dissuaded me from ever using the thing...but is it because those pops and bangs are the same frequency as a knock, but they're not necessarily occuring in the combustion chamber (yet still triggering the knock sensors)?
Ive always thought it was pretty normal... but now I think about it, I hear chavy cars doing it and their little 1 litre engines are fukt:squintdan

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
I thought the bangs were when the fuel was igniting *inside* the exhaust

Simon

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right then, I'll stop panicking and enjoy the fireworks that I can only hear and not see...the sound I get is just like that gunshot sound at the end of that clip....as long as your car is in one piecec I suppose I'm good to go as well :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts