GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spoke to middlehurst motorsport today about the history of my car and found something out..i have 2 carbon badges..one on the boot M-16 and inside M-16 03 on the face of the CD player..turns out mine is number 03 of 16 upgraded/modded by middlehurst motorsport..
the guy told me it has a Nismo ECU and a miltek Y pipe..i have also found an invoice from car planet racing for £2k's worth of complete exhaust system..
so not a bad phone call after all..:)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The car I have came from middlehurst too, it had the Y pipe and Nismo ecu.

Not one of the M cars though, still made 550hp on the rolling road

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I bought my car from middlehurst when the M16 was just coming out and they wouldn't admit that the Nismo ECU would give higher power. It obviously did tho

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
550hp..thats a nice figure to start from..will get mine checked one day..then go for a 4.5..
;)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My car has a Nismo badge on the back and also under the bonnet, it's a black edit with Nismo ECU and Exhaust,are there many Nismo spec cars?

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
How would you know if you have an nismo ecu, will it be labelled, because my car had some work done by middlehurst by the previous owner, it's had the milteck Y Pipe and some dynomating done as far as I know..... Interesting.... Now you got me thinking

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the air filter box to the left it has a sicker from middlehurst telling me that it has Nismo upgrades fitted by middlehurst and a contact number to call..i called gave reg number and got told whats been done..
ive looked everywhere on the net to try and find info about the M badges..well now i know..

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have car #5 of the M-16 cars. They told me that the Nismo ECU doesn't give extra power, but just "a more aggressive map", however other people who have had their cars dyno'd seem to confirm that it is in fact more powerful. One thing to note is that if you're planning on debadging the car, the M-16 badge on the back leaves a horrible sticky mess which is a right job to remove!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I have car #5 of the M-16 cars. They told me that the Nismo ECU doesn't give extra power, but just "a more aggressive map", however other people who have had their cars dyno'd seem to confirm that it is in fact more powerful. One thing to note is that if you're planning on debadging the car, the M-16 badge on the back leaves a horrible sticky mess which is a right job to remove!
Thats what i was told. Maybe they wanted to keep quiet about the power increase incase of opening up a can of worms over warranty issues.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wont be taking the badge off..i'm really quite pleased to be honest..the selling dealer never mentioned much about it being one of 16 even tho i paid a pretty penny for the car i think they missed a trick..hahha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts