GTR Forum banner

The Story So Far

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kk1 
#1 ·
Well at last I get to post on this forum! Thanks for sorting the tech issues web meister.
I first saw the GTR at Goodwood 3 years ago and thought if the price is right I will get one when available. I lodged my cheque for £1000 with Charles Hurst Nissan in Belfast which was promptly returned before Christmas last year only to be told whilst on holiday that they could now take the cheque. I was told I would have the first in NI and I ordered a black edition in Ultimate Silver paid my additional deposit later that year and was pleased to go on the race academy in September, which I thought was an excellent well managed and thoroughly enjoyable experience, which I only missed winning on the day by 0.1% - well done Keith Godber.( I took the Southern Circuit at Silverstone a bit too leisurely)
I was given a delivery date of July this year which was then brought forward to May - happy days! I had the previous year also had tickets provided by Hursts for Goodwood and in addition a trip to Geneva to see the beast in the flesh - excellent service indeed.
There was a major balls up in the application for my registration on the car which I had purchased the previous year on retention V66 GTR so the car wasnt officially registered until June. I ran the car in gently, but due to it arriving at its 1200 miles in London I got the optimisation done at Motorline, which is where things started going down hill. The car was washed at the centre and on return to my friends in London where we were staying I notice some streaks of white on the grey surrounds by the exhaust tailpipes.
They would not polish out so on return to NI the car was taken to Hursts to see about this issue. Warranty claim says no was the answer. After many calls to Nissan and an absolutely pathetic resolution proposal in which Nissan agreed to pay half the cost - over £400 by the way I told them that this would be going a damn sight further. It is at this point that the dealer again gets my praise. They agree with me entirely as to where the problem stems from and as a gesture of goodwill they removed the surrounds from their new demo and swapped them with my streaky ones. So its Charles Hurst HPC =100%, Nissan Customer Service 0%.
If any one else has had this issue please let Nissan know so that a case log can be built up as to the problem.
I have with the inspiration of Mr Yu gone down the road of a bit of carbon on the radio controls and also the centre gearbox panel- just enough and looks well. I have also installed the Milltek Y pipe and got the i-pod from Ben.
Just had the 6 month service done at 3300 miles again at Hursts -sense of loyalty after all that Alan and Michael have done for me which came in at £280 inc vat with a 370z thrown in for the service duration.
My impressions of the GTR are that it is one hell of a great car having previously owned a Sagaris, 4.5 Cerb, T350, CSL, Carrera 2s. In truth the car makes the others seem overpriced and ticks all the boxes. It certainly draws the type of admiration that the Sagaris used to, but looks as big as three of them stuck together!
Glad to be on the forum now and looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future.
Bob

See less See more
#3 ·
sounds like a bit of an exsperience
how did they clean your car as before picking mine up i had a detailer clean it, he was adamant that the dealership people did not touch the car, in fact he did not even want then to put any water on it whatsover
and please don't say the 'sponge' word he would flip:flame::runaway::chairshot

#4 ·
Bit of an experience is an understatement 3 months of banging my head on the
wall. Not sure how they cleaned it, but told me it was a third party cleaning company and they have never had a problem before. I know one thing- it will never ever be going back there. I have only ever cleaned the car with Maguires products and a foam lance to start with and two bucket method with deionised water as the rinse - so anyone pushing the blame on me i.e 'it must be what you washed it in' is talking bollocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.