GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 10 years of owning performance jap cars i decided it was time to own a skyline.

after looking at imorting a R34GTR it proved too much of a gamble so i started looking at 33's.i decided i would buy a midnight purple one,then changed my mind when i found out gal's car was for sale.:D

i fell in love with it,and after chatting to gal i decided it was the car for me.

i picked her up last saturday and i really enjoyed the 300 mile drive home,then to my horror i noticed the oil pressure had dropped (just as i arrived home).

a quick call to gal and we agreed i would change the oil on sunday morning as it had been filled with thin oil because of the new tubby's

changed the oil and all looked well,untill the car warmed up and the oil light came on.the banging noise from the engine sounded like the grim reaper knocking at my door.:(

once again i rang gal and told him about the situation,dont worry mate i will sort it he said.

one day later the car is on a transporter back down to gal,3 hours later the engine is out next day he tells me the news.

its knackered :confused:
crank,bearings shells and a rod are totaled.

this isnt a have a go at gal thread.

i would just like to say this bloke is bending over backwards to help me out,in this day and age its very rare to come across a true genuine bloke like gal.

he is sourcing parts and giving me daily updates and is doing work above and beyond.

thanks again m8. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Be sure to get a good crank, with no regrounding done. Shells / bearings / conrod must be correctly matched using numbers marked on crank, block, etc. The Nissan manual will explain this much more clearly - but it's crucial, if your bottom end's to last.

A tough way to start GT-R ownership. Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Miguel

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Oh mate, this is what I have nightmares about at night. Makes me want to :puke: :puke: just thinking about this. Anyway, fair play to this Gal chap, he does seem to be a genuine sort of guy. I suppose as Faz says, you can perhaps go a bit daft on the bottom end filling it with goodies budget permitting.
I hope when I pull my bottom end apart its coz I WANT to not because I HAVE to.

TT

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking good so far,and all the right parts are being fitted.
including a jun oil pump that gal is paying for (had a n1 on before)

i cant wait till its ready,just waiting on a couple of parts coming from japan.

·
Registered
219 Posts
SKYLINE ENGINE

COMPLETE ENGINE INCLUDING 1 H SECTION ROD,JUN OIL PUMP,NEW CRANK FROM NISSAN,NEW SHELLS,NEW RINGS,HEADGASKET,LINE BORED CRANK CARRIER AL READY FOR COLLECTION.IF ALL PARTS WHERE IN STOCK I CAN REBUILD COMPLETE ENGINE IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Yep, top chap. Not many folks like that still left. This is what the Skyline 'community' (LOL thinking of another thread) should all be about. Something akin to the Masons :chuckle: :chuckle: ......helping and looking out for each other.*cue group hug :chuckle: *
Hope you enjoy your new toy CJ

TT

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what was the cause of engine failure? Did the N1 pump give out?

I've got a knackered crank too, but it doesn't look like much more than surface scrapes on two of the pin surfaces...but (as I've been advised), is this now simply a large paperweight?

·
Registered
219 Posts
OIL PUMPS

DROVE CAR TODAY WITH NO PROBLEMS NO LEAKS NO NOISES RUNS PERFECT I HOPE JOHN CAN GET SOME TROUBLE FREE MOTORING.IN FUTURE I THINK THAT I WILL BUILD ALL MY ENGINES WITH THE MORE EXSPENSIVE OIL PUMPS IE GREEDY OR TRUST OR THE JUN WHICH I USED THIS TIME.STILL CANT BELEIVE THE N1 PUMP FAILED IVE DONE APPROX 5000 MILES WITH NO PROBLEMS APART FROM 1 BLOWN TURBO.IVE BEEN SANTA POD IVE DONE DRIFTING AND COME 2ND AT DONNY SOUTH BUT THE CAR BREAKS GOING TO NEWCASTLE WHAT A SHITTER.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.